Italian con man

My son got took in like this, 19 at the time, they spotted him at bank followed him to his car but talked him in to looking at the "named" jackets,he had never bothered with this type of gear before and they took him for £200 quid the gear is still upstairs in the bags they came in, as they where too small for him. he's more careful now.

Just walking up my road when a car driven by a man speaking poor italian

stops and tells me he has been to a convention in the middle of town and his boss has given him a bonus gift. He did not want to return to Italy with it so he wanted to Give it away the rest is garbage but i said no and and he drove away

Be aware that this happened to me in Bradford and Manchester (must be the look on my face) but what comes after accepting can be costly

You must be fluent in Italian to know if someone's Italian is poor and if he wanted to give it away what did you have to lose?

No one gives anything for nothing When you accept the gift he then asks for money he wont let go of the (gift) top and bottom is he should not think or try this scam somebody could part with hard earned cash and finish with garbage.

I am suprised he tried it in Sheffield and so near the city centre

No one gives anything for nothing When you accept the gift he then asks for money he wont let go of the (gift) top and bottom is he should not think or try this scam somebody could part with hard earned cash and finish with garbage.

I am suprised he tried it in Sheffield and so near the city centre

I would think Sheffield is a perfect place for this,being full of dimwits who want something for nothing.

One of them guys tried that with me in the Tibshelf motorway stop on the M1,he said the same rubbish about a convention or something and started showing me some jackets and things I told him to p off at first then he said just try one on, it was a nice jacket and fitted me very nice he said it was a proper make and not a snide one, I did not believe him for one minute,but the jacket was ok so I asked him how much he wanted for it,he said it is worth £250,I told him to get lost and threw the jacket back at him, the next thing he started to pull a knife out of his pocket,but he wasn't fast enough and I stuck the nut on him before he had a chance to do anything, I took the knife off him and went to the petrol station to report it and they sent for the police, apparently they have had a lot of problems with this kind of thing there,they are just a bunch of nasty con men criminals,that one got his just deserve though,so much for the free Euro market,all we seem to get here are riff raff criminals coming from Europe,why do they let scum like that in the country in the first place.

Archived