Italian con man

One of them guys tried that with me in the Tibshelf motorway stop on the M1,he said the same rubbish about a convention or something and started showing me some jackets and things I told him to p off at first then he said just try one on, it was a nice jacket and fitted me very nice he said it was a proper make and not a snide one, I did not believe him for one minute,but the jacket was ok so I asked him how much he wanted for it,he said it is worth £250,I told him to get lost and threw the jacket back at him, the next thing he started to pull a knife out of his pocket,but he wasn't fast enough and I stuck the nut on him before he had a chance to do anything, I took the knife off him and went to the petrol station to report it and they sent for the police, apparently they have had a lot of problems with this kind of thing there,they are just a bunch of nasty con men criminals,that one got his just deserve though,so much for the free Euro market,all we seem to get here are riff raff criminals coming from Europe,why do they let scum like that in the country in the first place.

:hihi::thumbsup:

The point we all make is that when someone pulls a stunt like this we should be making people aware, it could turn nasty as already noted but by walking away with a simple no shows that we are not quote ( dimwits wanting something for nothing )

• 1 year later...

Similar incident happened to me at a rest stop just outside Leeds. Guy drove up in a car and tried to sell me some "Gucci" leather jackets. Said he had to catch a plane back to Italy in a few hours and had to get rid of them.

I said a few words of Italian to him and he looked real stupid. So I says "What part of Leeds are you from whacker"? And he drives off real fast

This happened in 2007 so it seems he's still at it

This happened to my bf outside meadowhall thursday!! I was furious silly man fell for the scam of watches&a shamballa braclet. He claimed each watch was 450 and the braclet was 150. He bought them for 130. Found the watches later on internet cost about 17-30quid! And the braclet was a copy from claires accserorise!

A couple of years back I was waved down by a bloke in a lay bye.He said he'd run out of petrol and had to get to Dover in a short while to catch a ferry.

Dover was about 10 or 12 miles away.

He showed me some gold! bracelets which he said were worth a lot of money and he would sell them to me at a very low price so that he could get some petrol.

How he was getting to a garage 3 miles away he didn't say.

I refused his kind offer and showed him my wallet that hadn't any money in it and drove off.

My wife said she felt sorry for him and would have given him some money if she'd had it!!!!!!!!!!!

In fact we were both broke at the time.

Archived