Livni to visit UK without fear of arrest

While that's true, it is completely irrelevant to this story, which is about our courts not even being allowed to put suspected war criminals on trial.

No, it's not. I've re-read the thread title Israeli war criminals allowed into the UK (after law change) and cannot see that word 'suspected' or (my preferred alternative) 'alleged' anywhere in it. Can you? No, thought not!

Plus any supposed criminal activity would be justiciable wherever it took place, i.e. not in UK.

Plus any supposed criminal activity would be justiciable wherever it took place, i.e. not in UK.

That is emphatically false. It has for many years been permissible for an English court to try a charge of war crimes, regardless of where the accused is from and regardless of where the alleged crimes took place. It is under that principle that Livni's arrest warrant was issued.

What is abhorrent is that the principle has now been amended so that it only applies to people we don't like. A Palestinian, accused by some Israeli of having committed a war crime, can be arrested the moment he sets foot on English soil, but an Israeli, accused in the same manner and with the same amount of evidence, cannot.

Which 'him', anyway? Tzipora Livni is a woman!

Ha! That I didn't know.

No, it's not. I've re-read the thread title ...

We seem to have been at cross purposes, then. The original thread title was misleading, which is why I reported it and requested it be changed. All of my comments have been upon the actual story, not upon the xenophobically-biased title version.

Not so. None of them has been convicted of any criminal offence, so what is your real objection?

What do you think of this (from not too long ago):

An Israeli general wanted for alleged war crimes escaped arrest in the UK because British police feared an armed confrontation at Heathrow airport.

Documents seen by BBC News reveal how Major General Doron Almog managed to fly back to Israel when police failed to board his plane in September 2005.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7251954.stm

A guilty man would do a runner because he doesn't want to face trial. An innocent man would, also, do a runner because he doesn't want to face trial.

What a pathetic excuse you make for an Israeli war criminal. Don't you have at least an ounce of shame for what you said ?

Archived