Criminal convictions and applying for jobs.

Okay, so realistically how much do you think declaring your criminal convictions has an effect on becoming employed?

I have purposely left this quite ambiguous for discussion.

Id say a lot.

Not many empolyers wants a crim working for them.

I would think the type of crime in comparison to the type of job could be critical.

A conviction for theft is likely to go against someone applying for a post where money is handled and there might be the opportunity to steal.

A conviction for sudden, violence would go against someone expecting to work with potential victims.

I would think the type of crime in comparison to the type of job could be critical.

A conviction for theft is likely to go against someone applying for a post where money is handled and there might be the opportunity to steal.

A conviction for sudden, violence would go against someone expecting to work with potential victims.

And a conviction for sexual assault means you wont be able to work with sheep.

but only if you live in Barnsley:hihi:

When it comes to declaring the actual convictions, most jobs say that the convictions will only be seen by HR, but the people doing the hiring will have already seen the 'yes' box ticked, so I'm sure that will already go against you regardless.

Archived