Childhood envy, lust and lifelong disappointment

I finally got a Mousetrap at the age of 35. That was my second biggest disappointment. The biggest one was the Buckaroo that I bought at the same time.

The adverts were misleading.

Hmmmm, I used to hate the sound of the marbles smashing on the plastic!

I always thought Battling Top's was a bit of a let down too, yet looked so exciting on the TV ad!

Yeah that one was a dissapointment for me too.

Also Subuteo was pants!!!

A few of the things that lived up to my expectations though was the Tumble Tank and my Optimus Prime, Soundwave and Shockwave Transformers. G1's of course :D

Edit.

Ooooh, and Zoids. Who remembers Zoids??

I hade the Triceratops one. Cant remember its name but it was the mutts nutts!!!

Ooooh, good call. Yeah that one was a dissapointment for me too.

Also Subuteo was pants!!!

A few of the things that lived up to my expectations though was the Tumble Tank and my Optimus Prime, Soundwave and Shockwave Transformers. G1's of course :D

Will have to agree to disagree on Subbutteo still have the occasional game!:hihi: Perhaps striker was more your cup of tea, the one where you pressed the head of the players down to make them kick the ball!

Will have to agree to disagree on Subbutteo still have the occasional game!:hihi: Perhaps striker was more your cup of tea, the one where you pressed the head of the players down to make them kick the ball!

I was never much of a footie fan. I dont even remember striker im afraid.

Archived