Childhood envy, lust and lifelong disappointment

What part of your childhood has left a little hole in the rest of your life?

Playing darts with my big brother when I was about 8 left a little hole in my right big toe

But the biggest hole was left when Suzanne Pepper wouldn't go out with me when I was 15 - a very small part of me is still upset about that over 30 years later

Not having the pleasure of owning a Raleigh Chopper. How I used to look on with envy as my mates played on theirs, whilst I had to make do with my joyless BMX.

However, I did have an Atari. If it wasn't for the Atari, I think I wouldn't be a balanced as I am now.

I begged and begged for the Raleigh Chopper but was told they were too expensive and would I have a second hand girlie thing with a basket on the front instead, needless to say I went without a bike, I still hold that against my mum to this day!

I begged and begged for the Raleigh Chopper but was told they were too expensive and would I have a second hand girlie thing with a basket on the front instead, needless to say I went without a bike, I still hold that against my mum to this day!

Are you male or female? Boy on a girly bike would have been torture. Girl on a girly bike, not so bad, but still.

We used to have cheap packed lunches at school made up of Gilroy crisps from Netto, a manky cheese sandwich and a few ginger nut biscuits.

I used to look on at my friends in envy (and hunger) with their Walkers crisp, Crunch Corner Muller yogurts and Kit Kats...

Worst still, we used to have to help her with the shopping at Netto and walk from Manor Top to Intake with the bright yellow bags, turning onto our road usually just as our other friends were unpacking their Sainsbury's bag from their car..:blush:

Today this shallowness wouldn't bother me but as a kid, it was damaging...!!

Not having the pleasure of owning a Raleigh Chopper. How I used to look on with envy as my mates played on theirs, whilst I had to make do with my joyless BMX.

However, I did have an Atari. If it wasn't for the Atari, I think I wouldn't be a balanced as I am now.

I went off them when my friends broke in half on the BMX track near the ice skates :suspect:

Archived