Dogs in cafe's..surely a no no!

It was in cafe in Chapel St Leonards (Trunch Lane), that, a few years ago, a friend and myself visited and persuaded the person in charge to allow our dog in (we didn't want to leave it in the car because of the sun), stressing how well behaved the dog was. Halfway through our meal, the dog was sick under the table!

It was in cafe in Chapel St Leonards (Trunch Lane), that, a few years ago, a friend and myself visited and persuaded the person in charge to allow our dog in (we didn't want to leave it in the car because of the sun), stressing how well behaved the dog was. Halfway through our meal, the dog was sick under the table!

Did he then eat it?

jb

I was asking if dogs were allowed in cafes or not, stupidly expecting someone to know...

I should have known...:roll:

Shops have to adhere to the various food hygiene rules and regulations etc. none of these ban dogs from the public area.

The only rule is that a shop cannot exclude a *working* assitance animal for the blind/deaf etc. All other animals are at managers discretion.

Shops have to adhere to the various food hygiene rules and regulations etc. none of these ban dogs from the public area.

The only rule is that a shop cannot exclude a *working* assitance animal for the blind/deaf etc. All other animals are at managers discretion.

If I ever go blind I want an assistance elephant. Lets see people complain about that.

jb

Dogs smell and should not be allowed in establishments selling food. I take exception to dogs been allowed in Travelodges too, I don't want to have sleep on a bed that has had a dog on it for the night. You can always smell when a dog has been in a hotel room, its disgusting!

Unless it's slobbering all over your food, I'm not sure what the issue is?

Hi

We won't go into anyones home if they have a dog. The fact remains that when a dog has a nuber two, no one cleans its rear. The dog sits on the carpets, sofa/etc/etc and this is why you get that funny smell when one goes into homes of people with dogs/cats and the home looks clean but a funny smell. FACT

I was asking if dogs were allowed in cafes or not, stupidly expecting someone to know...

I should have known...:roll:

Hey Dan. I answered yes (dogs are allowed in places at the owner's behest).

I like to see well behaved animals in places; it's nice to see a cat in a pub lounging in front of the fire!

Archived