Fiesta fails MOT on emissions

If its failed on all 3 emmissions, Co, Co2 and hydrocarbons its burning oil, thats either valve seals or piston rings worn out allowing oil to get into the combustion chamber, it could also be a worn head gasket alowing oil to pass to a cylinder too. Either way its a major expense getting a garage to sort the problem.

This would be my thought, failures of Co or Co2 or HC or Lamda could be attributed to individual components (Cat, airflow meter etc), but 3 suggests it's burning as much oil as petrol!

Take it to roman ridge mot garage.my mate took his fiesta shockers were shot,engine had a sound like a cement mixer,and when running was like a old tug boat..got a full ticket on it..ps to weeks before taking it it had a front End fixed up wi silicone..

I took a old discovery 2.5tdi..it had no exhaust boxes. At all just a full pipe made. From scaffold bar.home made box section bumpers.home made petrol tank as it was bob tailed.all it failed on was a very small hole in inner wing...black jack sorted it out and it got a full ticket

Thanks to everyone for the helpful advice. Much appreciated.

As for the not so helpful ideas to scrap it, it's a pity you guys have nothing better to do!

Apparently Halfords just couldn't be bothered getting it hot enough. Took it to another garage, they spent time heating it up and it passed. Full MOT.

Thanks everyone.

Archived