What are Citroen saxo's like?

They're just sporty shopping trolleys. The pedals are too close together so you could argue that the model is aimed at females. That said, they are just about the most customisable cars out there.

I like clios for that reason, just a set of nice wheels can make them look great, not sure about reliability though.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...

Just picked up a 2000 X reg 1.6 VTR with only 40 000 on the clock. All original parts!! Been hidden in some Grandad's garage for a decade said that they couldn't afford to tax and insure it.

Absolute blast from the past. Having some right fun with it. Had so many ***** in heavy as hell Seat Leons and Audis trying to outdo me and I floor them everytime!

People forgot about these babies haha. They're like <Removed> shoebox's with a GTI engine.

And like any car, they will last if you look after them. Only prob is maintenance you usually have to think a little bit backwards when trying to deal with anything because hey.. it's French.

BIG UPS SAXO

PROBABLY THE BEST CAR CITROEN MADE!

Edited by nikki-red

Just picked up a 2000 X reg 1.6 VTR with only 40 000 on the clock. All original parts!! Been hidden in some Grandad's garage for a decade said that they couldn't afford to tax and insure it.

Absolute blast from the past. Having some right fun with it. Had so many ***** in heavy as hell Seat Leons and Audis trying to outdo me and I floor them everytime!

People forgot about these babies haha. They're like <Removed> shoebox's with a GTI engine.

And like any car, they will last if you look after them. Only prob is maintenance you usually have to think a little bit backwards when trying to deal with anything because hey.. it's French.

BIG UPS SAXO

PROBABLY THE BEST CAR CITROEN MADE!

Plenty of better cars from Citroen if you can afford them, but it was good in it's day. I like the thought of getting a pristine low mileage old car and you sound chuffed with your find so have fun!

I loved the old AX GT.
Loved my 14 TZS. It was basically a GT without the sporty plastic bits. Quite the sleeper ;)

Put aside the legends like the Traction Avant and the 2CV, and the unicorns like the SM and the DS convertible, the best car Citroën made (for its time) was the CX 25 GTi Turbo. I could out-Porsche the Porsches (of the time) with that thing...at around 7 to 9 mpg :D

Edited by L00b

Plenty of better cars from Citroen if you can afford them, but it was good in it's day. I like the thought of getting a pristine low mileage old car and you sound chuffed with your find so have fun!

It won't last too long being thrashed around.

It'll be running the original cambelt if it's been sat in a garage for a decade, 16 years old now.

Only been on 3 times longer than recommended by the manufacturer :hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi: