Bt are a pain in the neck

last 2 days problems getting online.no satisfaction from bt.today for instance phoned again 3rd time....transferred to call centre in india very polite.asked me what the weather was like here.then proceeded to tell me what to do with hub.conversation went something like this.

him --have you got a pin

me---will a needle do

him.--no paper clip would be better

me-- havnt got a paper clip...will a hairpin do.

him-- just hold on a minute.

at this point realized i'd been on phone about half an hour.don't know who was most frustrated him or me.

ended with me telling him there was someone at the door i'd have to go.

rang back later this time to customer options service.wanted to ask someone

why i was having to pay for a broadband service i wasnt getting.she would transfer to bt tech help (same place as before) i said don't bother.

well as you might have established i'm not the sharpest tool in the box and do have my senior moments! but oh really what a pain.

anyway i've had my rant and i'm back online.no thanks to them.

incidentally will have to stay with bt for a while i'm on a contract.

Indian call centres are made of FAIL, they know nothing except what's on their "script", so if you ask them anything technical they run about going "Help! Help!" :lol::loopy:

Is FAIL a type of wood? Plastic maybe?

:hihi:WwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwOOPPAAAH!!!!:hihi:

Have you tried swapping your Microfilters over? If you haven't I'd give that a go. If this doesn't resolve the problem BT will only say the same thing, you'll need to plug your Microfilter and Router directly into the Test Socket. The Test Socket can be found by unscrewing the front from your Main BT (Master) Socket, and removing the plastic cover. Plug it directly into the socket you find there and check your speeds again. If your speeds are still very slow, you'll need to run a BT Speedtester found at http://speedtester.bt.com 3 times before BT will raise this as a fault. Once you have done all of that I'd ring BT and tell them to get a fault raised as you have done literally everything they could possibly ask for.

I hope this helps.

Have you tried swapping your Microfilters over? If you haven't I'd give that a go. If this doesn't resolve the problem BT will only say the same thing, you'll need to plug your Microfilter and Router directly into the Test Socket. The Test Socket can be found by unscrewing the front from your Main BT (Master) Socket, and removing the plastic cover. Plug it directly into the socket you find there and check your speeds again. If your speeds are still very slow, you'll need to run a BT Speedtester found at http://speedtester.bt.com 3 times before BT will raise this as a fault. Once you have done all of that I'd ring BT and tell them to get a fault raised as you have done literally everything they could possibly ask for.

I hope this helps.

thankyou for that advice i will try that in the morning.

Archived