Non Christians need not apply.

I have heard admissions of several directors who will not hire women of child-bearing age because of the potential implications. Do you find that acceptable?

Yes, I find it totally acceptable.

Just in the same way that I cannot in any way see why a company cannot hire a like-for-like faith employee.

Seems entirely reasonable to me.

Yes, I find it totally acceptable.

Just in the same way that I cannot in any way see why a company cannot hire a like-for-like faith employee.

Seems entirely reasonable to me.

Seems entirely unreasonable to me.

I'm pleased that anti-discrimination laws agree with me and not you.

My first job interview after uni was with a family run engineering firm in Sheffield that shall remain nameless. The owner of the business probed me on my religious beliefs (I thought I was vaguely Christian at the time) and it was apparent that she was only interested in white, middle-class, Christian candidates. Although I was clearly advantaged by fitting the profile, I look back on the experience and feel quite sickened.

Seems entirely unreasonable to me.

I'm pleased that anti-discrimination laws agree with me and not you.

My first job interview after uni was with a family run engineering firm in Sheffield that shall remain nameless. The owner of the business probed me on my religious beliefs (I thought I was vaguely Christian at the time) and it was apparent that she was only interested in white, middle-class, Christian candidates. Although I was clearly advantaged by fitting the profile, I look back on the experience and feel quite sickened.

I have no problem at all if a company wants to hire a white, middle class candidate. Why should that be an issue for anyone other than the employer? It's their perogative, just as no one bats an eyelid when a Muslim company hires only Muslims (no way, you say, that surely doesn't go on. No, say it ain't so).

Why do you feel you can choose what another person feels is acceptable. That's massive double standards! The whole system is set up to tell people what they can and can't do and it's this ridiculous standard that's (one of many issues that has) driven the country to the dirt.

That said, if you "feel sickened" by this, then that really is a massive over-reaction.

Non pacifists required for infantry soldier army job.

Any objections to this type of advert ?

Slightly different. A better analogy would be "non-pacifists required for marketing and communications in the army".

Why do you feel you can choose what another person feels is acceptable.

In the UK we have laws that define the practice as being not acceptable.

Slightly different. A better analogy would be "non-pacifists required for marketing and communications in the army".

Those offering the jobs already know who they will and won't consider suitable, to state in the advert what they find suitable is doing everyone a favour as those who don't fit the criterea need not apply unless they're plonkers.

It doesn't mean it's right. It just means it's - again - favouring one group over another.

I see it as we're moving toward a world where we'll all be told what is acceptable and that will be that, regardless of the consequences.

The owner of the business probed me on my religious beliefs (I thought I was vaguely Christian at the time) and it was apparent that she was only interested in white, middle-class, Christian candidates.

So she wanted someone that she had something in common with, that is her perogative as employer and management.

Archived