Non Christians need not apply.

Thanks for posting that. I wonder if an Atheist group could get away with advertising for a person of 'no faith' as there isn't actually any religion or belief involved, just a lack of.

How would such a group evangelise for unbelievers? Hard to convince someone to believe in 'no-faith'.

Perhaps but I may be able to do it very well as I have insight into how people of faith can be exploited when the right 'strings' are pulled. I am also conversant with the arguements from both sides. Provided I could put aside my dislike of the whole evangelical thing, I think I would be excellent at the job.

Yes I'm sure the meetings would be great - "right listen up beardos, i've got some hard hitting new tactics to sell this vodoo crap of yours to the weakminded. Lets start with the kids, Jesus - tired brand - so get ready for cool streetwise J2K, Nike are good to go on a range of trainers using my new logo and we've had great feedback from Dr Dre's people for a new track for the launch, oh and for J2K's sake..lose the bloody cardigans!"

Yes I'm sure the meetings would be great - "right listen up beardos, i've got some hard hitting new tactics to sell this vodoo crap of yours to the weakminded. Lets start with the kids, Jesus - tired brand - so get ready for cool streetwise J2K, Nike are good to go on a range of trainers using my new logo and we've had great feedback from Dr Dre's people for a new track for the launch, oh and for J2K's sake..lose the bloody cardigans!"

Excellent! I can 'feel' the pilot for a sitcom in your parody. It's CV and cover letter and I am going to apply.

Or like a muslim running a corner shop/off licence. Oh wait...

Yes, you're talking rubbish.

No, the correct analogy would be like a Muslim running a wine tasting group when they can't drink it.

I guess there's a complicated theological argument to do with whether it's halal/haram for a muslim to vend alcohol and those who do believe it's halal.

But you wouldn't, for example, let Nick Griffin be an Imam or the head of the Westboro Bapstist Church to run a gay rights group.

Your beliefs, or lack of them, do affect what you can do. And this is not just in the sense of religion. If you go to work for the NHS and announce in the interview that you believe it should be abolished in favour of a private insurance scheme it's unlikely you'll get a job. Ditto if you go to a bank and tell them you think all property is theft. It's exactly the same situation with a militant athiest running an evangelical groups communications arm.

This is nothing new. I had an interview for a job with a church-based organisation nearly 30 years ago and they said I wasn't suitable because I didn't believe in a god. If it's a private organisation fair enough, but it narks me that in some Christian state schools you're supposed to believe in fairies, or at least pretend to.

Excellent! I can 'feel' the pilot for a sitcom in your parody. It's CV and cover letter and I am going to apply.

Thanks.

Personally I'd save the price of a stamp and not bother though - as has been pointed out they are well within the law and will probably just bin your application.

Archived