Non Christians need not apply.

You don't need to have personal experience of homelessness in order to believe it's a bad thing; but I think most reasonable people would agree, you do actually need to be a Christian, in order to be committed to converting people to Christianity.

I'm not so sure.

People suspend belief/disbelief all the time. An example which springs to mind is that of prosecuting lawyers and defence lawyers.

I'm sure that a defence lawyer does not always believe that his client is innocent. But that essentially won't stop him doing all he can to win for his client in court. In other words, doing his job professionally and to the best of his ability.

Similarly, it is equally possible to be a student of theology without believing a word of it. Therefore, just like the lawyer, you put your professional head on at work and go and flog your firms religion.

I'd also proffer the idea that a non-believing professional salesman may be potentially better at it, because he's not immersed in the emotiveness of it.

I'm not so sure.

People suspend belief/disbelief all the time. An example which springs to mind is that of prosecuting lawyers and defence lawyers.

I'm sure that a defence lawyer does not always believe that his client is innocent. But that essentially won't stop him doing all he can to win for his client in court. In other words, doing his job professionally and to the best of his ability.

Similarly, it is equally possible to be a student of theology without believing a word of it. Therefore, just like the lawyer, you put your professional head on at work and go and flog your firms religion.

I'd also proffer the idea that a non-believing professional salesman may be potentially better at it, because he's not immersed in the emotiveness of it.

I agree entirely. On the subject of Theology, Dr Francesca Stavrakopoulou is Senior Lecturer of Theology and Religion at the University of Exeter and a confirmed atheist. She throws new light on an old subject through her different viewpoint. She is not looking at scripture to prove anything other than her theories.

I agree entirely. On the subject of Theology, Dr Francesca Stavrakopoulou is Senior Lecturer of Theology and Religion at the University of Exeter and a confirmed atheist. She throws new light on an old subject through her different viewpoint. She is not looking at scripture to prove anything other than her theories.

She confirms what I and others have been saying for a long time which is that the Israelites worshiped false deities who they called God and this is what gives rise to the misunderstanding you and others have about the true nature of YHWH.

The article says, "Further projects underway include a book about the deities Baal and Asherah."

Baal was a false religion that Satan used at that time in history.

She confirms what I and others have been saying for a long time which is that the Israelites worshiped false deities who they called God and this is what gives rise to the misunderstanding you and others have about the true nature of YHWH.

The article says, "Further projects underway include a book about the deities Baal and Asherah."

The good Doctor had a three-part TV series aired on the BBC about a year ago. It was fascinating. She advocated that the Jews of the time wanted to move from pantheism to monotheism and eradicate any female gods, although there are some slip ups in the bible a bit like when Trotsky airbrushed out people he had 'eradicated'.

She also aired views about what the Garden of Eden really was.

The good Doctor had a three-part TV series aired on the BBC about a year ago. It was fascinating. She advocated that the Jews of the time wanted to move from pantheism to monotheism and eradicate any female gods, although there are some slip ups in the bible a bit like when Trotsky airbrushed out people he had 'eradicated'.

She also aired views about what the Garden of Eden really was.

She has her head screwed on no doubt about it and I'm all for discovering the truth and acknowledging it, no problems with that at all and I admire her for her research, the only thing is it has already been done and the Jewish encyclopedia is a good source and would you believe it is totally unbiased. Whether we believe in God or not I feel is totally down to the individual.

The only slip-ups that I am aware of is with things like "forty years" which occurs frequently and which is a Hebrew term for an unknown period of time so the Israilites might only have been wandering in the wilderness for a lot less time than that but the error is with us for not being familiar with Hebrew. Once we understand these idioms all our criticisms and difficulties fade away. :)

How can anything be false when the whole god/faith thing is a man made construct, in my opinion?

Go for it if you want to and are suitably qualified. You might do a better job than the Christian candidates. It's a job. The only thing that would put me off would be I'm not very good at bending the truth but if you can live with that you certainly don't have to worry about the vengeance of God, there isn't one:hihi::hihi:

Archived