Non Christians need not apply.

Surely though, seeing as this job is for a faith organisation , then it wouldnt appeal to anyone other than a bible basher anyway . I know i wouldnt want to work for an organisation like that , as ive no wish to be preached at 24/7 .
Like a plumber applying for a Joiners job.

The IT role doesn't require God but the Media and Marketing role does.

The one advertised on here does:

Candidate will need to be conversant with, and in sympathy with, the aims and objectives of Church Army and the community of the Wilson Carlile Centre.

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=865354

We could do with a little more info really I suppose, there's no reason why a marketing and communications role couldn't be filled by a more qualified and experienced non-Chirstian, UNLESS there's more to it.

Because they want to hire someone with like minded beliefs.

I personally have no problems with this. Actually, I think companies should be able to hire specifically without all this red tape telling them what they can and cannot do.

What's the relevance of choosing people with the same religious beliefs?

Don't you think that it can lead to a very dangerous sort of discrimination i.e. discriminating people because of the color of their skin for example?

If you need to ask those questions then you're really out of touch with the real world.

What would you rather have a plumber to fix your pipes or a bus conductor?

If you need to ask those questions then you're really out of touch with the real world.

What would you rather have a plumber to fix your pipes or a bus conductor?

For me, a plumber, but it wouldn't matter to me if he was a Christian or not.

Archived