Non Christians need not apply.

Because they want to hire someone with like minded beliefs.

I personally have no problems with this. Actually, I think companies should be able to hire specifically without all this red tape telling them what they can and cannot do.

I have heard admissions of several directors who will not hire women of child-bearing age because of the potential implications. Do you find that acceptable?

I have heard admissions of several directors who will not hire women of child-bearing age because of the potential implications. Do you find that acceptable?

Everyone should have the right to non-discriminatory employment opportunities, however, if it's a small company who can only afford 1 or 2 members of staff then I can sympathise with them not wanting someone who will be off for months.

Though I'm not sure that this is really relevant to the thread?

They can always replace her during the time she is away, which will give the chance to an unemployed person to work for a few weeks (gain experience, boost self confidence etc etc).

They Company has to pay it up front and then claim it back later from the government. So if you can only afford 1 member of staff then is it really fair and feasable to ask the employer to pay out double for the year to claim one payment back.

Big Businesses can always soak this outlay up however a small local retailer would often struggle.

Surely a change if the payment structure for small businesses would make this easier on the companies.

What does it matter if the plumber is a Christian or a Buddhist?

Next time I call the plumber I'm going to ask if he is a vegetarian black Mormon plumber if he is not then he obviously can't fix my pipes. :roll:

You seem to be very confused with your tangent reply.:loopy:

If you wanted to employ a plumber and an elctrician, painter, vet, bricklayer, joiner, taxi driver and a plumber applied who would you employ?

What does it matter if the plumber is a Christian or a Buddhist?
It doesn't matter one iota just as you wouldn't emply a none plumber to fix your pipes etc you would only want to employ a Christian to promote Christain beliefs.

you do come up with some twaddle.

Archived