Vaping pubs. What's the point?

Did anyone else see the feature on Look North about the vaping pub in Driftfield?

I'm not sure why it was considered news worthy but it featured a pub where one bar is given over to folks who want to smoke electronic cigarettes.

I fell about laughing when I saw the feature. I don't think I've ever seen a bunch of folks who looked less like they were enjoying themselves, which is presumably why one sees so few of these devices in use.

But its a free country and if folks feel that this is the way forward for them that's OK by me. My local has already banned them as they made the pub smell like rotting fish.

Ha Ha ,yeah they did look well miserable.

TBH I don't think many of the folk had actually "smoked" the stink sticks before. I suspect that the things had been dished out by the distributors and the pub filled with stooges to try to gain a bit of publicity. I would hazzard a guess that 5 minutes after the cameras stopped rolling the things went in the bin and the sick buckets came out.

Archived