Afghanistan. Ten Years of War today.

Hundreds of British dead. Thousands seriously wounded. Costing this country billions of pounds every year. Money we cannot simply afford. The Americans now saying the job is only half done. Thousands of poor local Afghans killed or seriously wounded. I don't see too many sons of MPs or bankers giving their lives on the frontline on a weekly basis. Just working class lads. Withdraw our forces NOW we ain't EVER gonna win this war ! SUPPORT THE MASS ASSEMBLY IN TRAFALGAR SQUARE AT MID DAY IN LONDON TOMORROW !

Hundreds of British dead. Thousands seriously wounded. Costing this country billions of pounds every year. Money we cannot simply afford. The Americans now saying the job is only half done. Thousands of poor local Afghans killed or seriously wounded. I don't see too many sons of MPs or bankers giving their lives on the frontline on a weekly basis. Just working class lads. Withdraw our forces NOW we ain't EVER gonna win this war ! SUPPORT THE MASS ASSEMBLY IN TRAFALGAR SQUARE AT MID DAY IN LONDON TOMORROW !

How many sons of bankers and MP’s joined the army?

How many of them haven’t been diploid?

An un-winnable war And now we prepare to pull out with nothing achieved since the Taliban left power in 2001.

Lives wasted

Soldiers volunteer to join the army and obey orders. Some of them have been involved in abuses of citizens. If they'd wanted a quiet life they should have known joining the army wouldn't have provided it. The real idiots though are Blair and Bush, not just for thinking they could pacify Afghanistan but for invading Iraq as well and fighting two unwinnable wars at once. The Taliban will be back in government soon in a coalition of some sort. I just hope western countries learn the lesson that invasions don't solve problems. The Yanks failed to learn from Vietnam and NATO failed to learn from the Russians' invasion of Afghanistan.

Have we won yet?

"Arguing the rights and wrongs isn't going to change a thing nor is it going to bring back the 382 service personnel that have been lost.

Today I will take a few minutes to remember the 382 who have died. I think everyone else should do the same! "

Nor is it going to bring back the tens of billions of pounds wasted - or ressurect the afghani dead - or augment peace - or foster global co-operation - or engender respect for our government at home or abroad.

Archived