Afghanistan. Ten Years of War today.

The cost of one days war in Afghanistan would pay for 100.000 nurses for a day or 150,000 care assistants for a day. The UK could have created an economic miracle in this country if the money spent on war was put into OUR economy. All this nonsense about making this country safer is pure rubbish. The Taliban have never attacked this country. The war is simply unsustainable. 50 young British soldiers alive today, maybe more, who won't be with us in 12 months time if we stay put in Afghan. As compassionate human being I find that figure unacceptable.

The cost of one days war in Afghanistan would pay for 100.000 nurses for a day or 150,000 care assistants for a day. The UK could have created an economic miracle in this country if the money spent on war was put into OUR economy. All this nonsense about making this country safer is pure rubbish. The Taliban have never attacked this country. The war is simply unsustainable. 50 young British soldiers alive today, maybe more, who won't be with us in 12 months time if we stay put in Afghan. As compassionate human being I find that figure unacceptable.

This is totaly unacesptatable, but what can we do about it?

How do you know the taliban has never attacked this country? They have certainly attacked British interests abroad and probably other targets too or have supported/influenced such attacks. You are trying to influence British public opinion, therefore I put you in the same bracket as the Taliban, Al Qaeda and the rest.

At the risk of claiming a Godwin....Hitler never attacked this country, but we still went to war against him, and quite rightly so. Evil should be confronted, not to do so would be immoral. Standing back and letting evil prevail is a bad thing. Much like Russia and China are doing re Syria.

At the risk of claiming a Godwin....Hitler never attacked this country, but we still went to war against him, and quite rightly so. Evil should be confronted, not to do so would be immoral. Standing back and letting evil prevail is a bad thing. Much like Russia and China are doing re Syria.

Who was it sending doodlebugs over then coz my dad says they were German

Archived