Job hunting is soul destroying

For the first time in my life I find myself unemployed and it is so miserable. I was made redundant last year, had a baby and now my baby is old enough I'm job hunting. Its proper tough out there. I have lots of skills and experience as well as paper qualifications to back that up, I have a professionally produced CV but it doesn't seem to be enough!

Most of the jobs I've applied for I don't even get a reply to even though I know they're within the scope of my experience. I've had 2 interviews but didn't get the job, one of the employers haven't even bothered to reply to say I didn't get it.

I never expected to find this so hard but its making me quite depressed :(

I'm working on adding to my skills with online courses etc but I have 3 children so its not easy!

Just having a rant really! I get increasingly frustrated by the fact that companies don't send replies but I presume they are cost cutting on stationary and postage?! :confused:

Unfortunately there not interested in replying ignorance on their part.

You come across as a lovely person,I really hope you get something soon

the job market is very tight at the moment, just hang in there and good luck.

PS The work shy could do with your attitude, perhaps you could bottle it and sell it.:)

That's the way of the world at the moment i'm afraid....

Generally, you tend to get 1 response, out of every 20 applications (roughly) and of those responses, often 1 in 5 is an interview.. (that's how I have found it to be honest)

so it equates to roughly 1 interview for every 100 applications.

I've pretty much found the exact same as above previously. There were times where I genuinely thought about not bothering but then my self-worth kicked in.

Claire1976 mentions about the stationary. Most of the jobs I applied for asked for an email address and for those that didn't, my email address was on the top of my CV.

An email in the grand scheme of things costs nothing.

For the first time in my life I find myself unemployed and it is so miserable. I was made redundant last year, had a baby and now my baby is old enough I'm job hunting. Its proper tough out there. I have lots of skills and experience as well as paper qualifications to back that up, I have a professionally produced CV but it doesn't seem to be enough!

Most of the jobs I've applied for I don't even get a reply to even though I know they're within the scope of my experience. I've had 2 interviews but didn't get the job, one of the employers haven't even bothered to reply to say I didn't get it.

I never expected to find this so hard but its making me quite depressed :(

I'm working on adding to my skills with online courses etc but I have 3 children so its not easy!

Just having a rant really! I get increasingly frustrated by the fact that companies don't send replies but I presume they are cost cutting on stationary and postage?! :confused:

Have you got your CV on CV Library and Jobs Today etc, etc.?

I keep getting phone calls and emails from people who have seen my CV on there.

Exactly, with the way some of this lot on here talk then nobody should be on benefits and everybody should be in work.

The irony is that those that spout that rubbish have probably never worked or born with a tattoo on their back with the word "pleb".:hihi:

I'm surprised some numbskull hasn't yet suggested she shouldn't have 3 kids.

Archived