How do you get rid of pigeons? they keep landing on our fence

you can shoot them if you have got a licence you can shoot pigeons, wood pigens magpies, and quite a few more, according to defra, link below

http://www.defra.gov.uk/crosscompliance/files/Licence-to-kill-or-take-certain-birds-to-prevent-serious-damage-or-disease.pdf

If you read that legislaion correctly you need licence, have to prove they carry disease and damaging your property is not an acceptable reason for shooting birds. You also are required to exhaust all other methods first

Help!!! :help::help::help::help:

The fence went up last weekend, and every 5 minutes the bloke is running out into the garden and blowing a gasget.

I'm sure the birds are taking the mick out of this bloke now

:help::help:

This is getting beyond a joke, I hope to god it rains soon so the birds stay in the trees

If you read that legislaion correctly you need licence, have to prove they carry disease and damaging your property is not an acceptable reason for shooting birds. You also are required to exhaust all other methods first

Not really. Pigeons don't require an individual to have a license as they come under the DEFRA General license arrangement. So providing you live outside a built up area it is generally accepted that pigeons damage crops and the best way to control them is with a shotgun. Therefore they can be shot.

Not really. Pigeons don't require an individual to have a license as they come under the DEFRA General license arrangement. So providing you live outside a built up area it is generally accepted that pigeons damage crops and the best way to control them is with a shotgun. Therefore they can be shot.

Thats not what DEFRA said from what I've just read and I don't think OP's neighbour has any crops but has a few slates missing from the roof:hihi::hihi: What kind of idiot chases birds off his fence every 5 minutes

Thats not what DEFRA said from what I've just read and I don't think OP's neighbour has any crops but has a few slates missing from the roof:hihi::hihi: What kind of idiot chases birds off his fence every 5 minutes

Dick Dastardly and his side-kick Muttley? "Stop that Pigeon!" :hihi:

I realise that Google and the ability to use a mouse makes everyone an expert on matters for which they have no knowledge. Personally I've owned shotguns for more than 15 years and I've a pretty good understanding of what I can and can't do with them.

Shooting pigeons requires a license, however as they are covered under DEFRAs general pest control license, individuals do not need their own license providing they are shooting them in an area where shooting is permitted. So if you can shoot on the land you can shoot (most types of ) pigeons on it as they are regarded as pests. Obviously if you live in a flat on the Manor you are not permitted to shoot them from your neighbour's window sill, but that has little to do with licenses.