How do you get rid of pigeons? they keep landing on our fence

simple solution

Nice find, you beat me to it and saved me the trouble of trawling through all the pigeon shooting posts to see if anyone had posted already.

A homemade version would be easy to do if the OP doesn't want to spend that much - upright 3" nails in a batten around 4" apart maybe? The birds wouldn't go anywhere near.

Nice find, you beat me to it and saved me the trouble of trawling through all the pigeon shooting posts to see if anyone had posted already.

A homemade version would be easy to do if the OP doesn't want to spend that much - upright 3" nails in a batten around 4" apart maybe? The birds wouldn't go anywhere near.

What about other animals, cats, squirrels who might get impaled. We are not supreme beings, I'm amazed how many people think it's OK to want to injure or kill other creatures for such stupid reasons as sitting on a fence. Whatever happened to the milk of human kindness?:love::love:

What about other animals, cats, squirrels who might get impaled. We are not supreme beings, I'm amazed how many people think it's OK to want to injure or kill other creatures for such stupid reasons as sitting on a fence. Whatever happened to the milk of human kindness?:love::love:

So it's ok to impale pigeons but not other animals such as cats and squirrels?

You can swat a fly or stamp on a cockroach cos you don't like them. You can kill a pig cos you like bacon. You can kill a cow cos you like nice shoes. But if you kill something nice and fluffy ... how is this any different?

And as for that Elvis ... he was always rabbitting!!!

Just built a fence and although its not something that bothers me so much, it annoys the neighbour and he is blowing a gasget and making lots of noise.

He built a fence to seperate the gardens, fair enough, the problem is that pigeons and other birds keep landing on the fence to have a look round.

The problem is everytime this happens he keeps running out of the house shouting and balling at the pigeons/or birds, they fly away, he goes back into the house, another bird lands on the fence, he runs out shouting at the birds, they fly away, he goes back into the house, another bird.....you get the idea?

Is there anything that can be done to stop the birds landing on the fence, my gripe is the noise made by the neighbouh, his gripe is that he did not build a fence for birds to sit on.

So what can be done here, is there anything on the market that puts birds off fences? (he is outside again shouting - again :help:)

do you live in roysten vaysey

Hi Denlin :)

These 'spike devices' are designed to deter pigeons from landing on surfaces, their instinct just kicks in and they decide to land elsewhere - you can see the devices on many of the City Council buildings if you look up, and I guarantee you won't see any impaled pigeons :thumbsup:

My vertical nails idea is based on the same principle, although I suppose if a squirrel felt out of a tree onto them it would be a nasty outcome, so on reflection it may be better to stick to the more expensive bought version that handypandy posted.

I have a great love of all living creatures, to the extent that I haven't eaten meat for 31 years.