The national health care dillema

This is not the case. Although heart disease is caused by smoking - very few heart attacks cause instant death. The most common health problem caused by smoking is Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease which is progressive, debilitating and very distressing towards the end. Patients with COPD can exist for many years in a very poor state of health and can suffer a very poor quality of life.

40% of first heart attacks end in death.

Smoking is the biggest cause of heart attacks.

It took me 2 mins to research that. Go and have a rethink.

40% of first heart attacks end in death.

Smoking is the biggest cause of heart attacks.

It took me 2 mins to research that. Go and have a rethink.

No need to.

Smoking may be the biggest cause of heart attacks (so you say) but COPD affects ALL smokers to some degree over the years.

I have no need to do any research as I have spent all of my working life in health care and have much knowledge on the subject.

I have witnessed the protracted health problems that patients with COPD suffer day in day out and it certainly isn't pleasant towards the end.

Because health care is so good in this country and medicine has progressed so much in the last few years, people with COPD survive much longer and cost the NHS much more than you could even imagine - this includes medication, frequent hospital admissions and community care.

My father died aged only 59 years from a smoking related illness so I have much knowledge on the subject.

No need to.

Smoking may be the biggest cause of heart attacks (so you say) but COPD affects ALL smokers to some degree over the years.

I have no need to do any research as I have spent all of my working life in health care and have much knowledge on the subject.

I have witnessed the protracted health problems that patients with COPD suffer day in day out and it certainly isn't pleasant towards the end.

Because health care is so good in this country and medicine has progressed so much in the last few years, people with COPD survive much longer and cost the NHS much more than you could even imagine - this includes medication, frequent hospital admissions and community care.

My father died aged only 59 years from a smoking related illness so I have much knowledge on the subject.

It is a well documented fact that smokers produce a net tax surplus . This is true even though you say that you are a medical expert.

It is a well documented fact that smokers produce a net tax surplus . This is true even though you say that you are a medical expert.

At no time has I stated that I am a medical expert :confused: I have not commented on net tax surplus:confused:

I am trying explain to you that because of advances in health care and medicine, smokers will live longer with smoking related diseases and so, will cost the NHS more over many years than they would have done some years ago.

At no time has I stated that I am a medical expert :confused: I have not commented on net tax surplus:confused:

I am trying explain to you that because of advances in health care and medicine, smokers will live longer with smoking related diseases and so, will cost the NHS more over many years than they would have done some years ago.

Which will of course have been paid (as a group) by the very punitive taxes that smokers pay. It will also keep people like yourself in work and many nurses and doctors in work too I would suggest.

I am not defending smoking as it is a filthy habit, but they do pay through the nose for their habit.

Which will of course have been paid (as a group) by the very punitive taxes that smokers pay. It will also keep people like yourself in work and many nurses and doctors in work too I would suggest.

I am not defending smoking as it is a filthy habit, but they do pay through the nose for their habit.

And pay, eventually, with their life.

P.s., the above quote was origonally posted by Lesterman NOT Daven.

Archived