Parking near the Town Hall

OK, the weddings a week away and folk who are driving over want to know where's the best place to park that's close to the Town Hall and not extortionately expensive, and as a non driver my knowledge on this is pretty low. I know there is some on street parking on Surrey Street, but also know it's always full. Have checked the cheese grater on Charles street, and the fees are pretty high, £2.20 for an hour, and £4.40 for up to 2 hours. I also know that John Lewis is pretty reasonable, but they always seem to have a queue of cars waiting to get in.

I guess my question is, is there anywhere else that I haven't thought of that's pretty close to the Town Hall, and not exorbitant?

Thanks in advance

Angi

thanks for all the suggestions, I think the main problem with parking to far away is for those who are travelling from as far as the south coast who don't know how to get around Sheffield. I guess it's gonna have to be the cheese grater for sheer proximity.

Angi

Thanks for that, btw, been looking at your photography. WELL impressed !!!!! You dont take on 62 year old apprentices do you. ?? :hihi:

Ha ha, thank you for your kind compliment. I am sure you dont need any training and would probably teach me a few things.

I think you are going to have to decide whether cost or location is the most important. The guests that are coming from a distance, will they be staying the night, if yes then might be worth leaving the car where they are staying and getting taxis so the driver is free to drink as well. (unless the reception venue is where they are staying). Its more expensive but allows a lot more freedom and less stress.

Archived