The rhino whip affair.

cuttsie

My thanks to those who bought my book 'Boopers Tale' ( I have 24 left out of 600 and over 100 sold on Kindle ) -before people get excited I haven't made any money and a donation has gone to British Heart Foundation.. now re the R/Whip affair -myself and Duckenfield ( of Hillsboro fame!!!) were posted into CID to replace DC's Millicheap and Streets after they were sacked...1963 (exactly 50 years ago.) My reason for entering this debate is to say that what I wrote 30 years ago in 'Boopers Tale' is now proven. This was the 'world' I entered in Water Lane C.I.D.... bashing prisoners/telling lies in court/inventing and planting evidence....only 2 ex-cops have challenged the book publicly by writing to the press and neither of them were ever 'real' coppers....was the R/whip affair or the way I tackled crime justified??? you will have your own thoughts on that but suffice to say your mother and little children could walk the streets safely at almost any time of day - can they now ???

23 Left Booper. I've just reserved one at Waterstones.

That's not right, Leeds Police couldn't catch him, the first time Sutcliffe came to Sheffield he got caught. You should apologise.

Too true, let's not stray from the facts to score points.

That's not right, Leeds Police couldn't catch him, the first time Sutcliffe came to Sheffield he got caught. You should apologise.

He got caught by two beat cops not the C.I.D..

He was only taken into custody for having false no plates and having a pee up an entry they didn't know he was the ripper when they arrested him.

He was only taken into custody for having false no plates and having a pee up an entry they didn't know he was the ripper when they arrested him.

Stop wriggling, what you said is untrue and unfair. You should apologise.

If memory serves, he asked if he could go for a pee as a ploy to get rid of the hammer. One of the bobbies had his suspicions aroused and went back to have a look and found the hammer.