Need help with my tv..

just bought a tv for the bedroom, it has freeview installed in it already, but i dont have an ariel in my bedroom,so cannot tune it in yet. should i get an outdoor digital ariel fitted? and does anyone knw how much this will cost? i dont think an indoor one will give out a good picture and the tv is on the wall so i dont want an ariel spoiling the whole look of it:hihi::help:

I would try a standard indoor aeriel first. There will be no picture quality issues. It will either pick up a perfect signal/channel or it won't. The only downside is if there isn't a strong signal. Then you might get the picture breaking up during heavy rain.

just bought a tv for the bedroom, it has freeview installed in it already, but i dont have an ariel in my bedroom,so cannot tune it in yet. should i get an outdoor digital ariel fitted? and does anyone knw how much this will cost? i dont think an indoor one will give out a good picture and the tv is on the wall so i dont want an ariel spoiling the whole look of it:hihi::help:

The type of aerial depends largely on where you live, reception is obviously better on the hill tops than in the valleys. Some areas are notorious black spots, if your neighbours have aerials outside then go with that would be my suggestion, but you will have an idea yourself what is needed because it will be similar to what was required for your main TV.

You will need an outdoor aerial but there is no such thing as a digital aerial. You just need a good outside one and I can recommend Ecclesfield Aerials - just ring them and ask for George

Thanks guys, i thought they were called digital ariels now, its all confusing to me!. I have sky downstairs so i dont need anything for that but i just have a feeling picture quality wont be very good here with an indoor one cus when we 1st moved in we had a cheap one whilst we waited for sky to install and the picture was snowy. Maybe thats cus it was cheap.

I did actually want sky multi room but apparently i need a landline which i dont want to have so im going to have to stick with freeview upstairs. Anyone had an outdoor ariel fitted? How much did you pay? Just to get a rough idea. Thanks.

Thanks guys, i thought they were called digital ariels now, its all confusing to me!. I have sky downstairs so i dont need anything for that but i just have a feeling picture quality wont be very good here with an indoor one cus when we 1st moved in we had a cheap one whilst we waited for sky to install and the picture was snowy. Maybe thats cus it was cheap.

I did actually want sky multi room but apparently i need a landline which i dont want to have so im going to have to stick with freeview upstairs. Anyone had an outdoor ariel fitted? How much did you pay? Just to get a rough idea. Thanks.

It'll be about £50

someone just quoted me £65, is this reasonable? i thought it was.

(i just realised iv been spelling aeriel wrong:roll:)

It is one of those peculiar words. :)

He will probably put you a contract aerial up which will be under £12.00, then there is the pole and the cable and the rest is profit. I'm afraid people don't work for nothing these days apart from those on the minimum wage. It sounds about right. :mad:

http://www.tvaerials.com/

Archived