Castle martial arts academy

My sister has foolishly sent her daughter here, she paid for 6 months at £132.50 a month but has now found somewhere alot cheaper and better and has been trying to cancel with them for about a month now, only to be fobbed off by saying she needs to speak to another member of staff who is never available! She has now left another message saying shes cancelled the direct debit and is no longer paying/going. Has anyone else has any trouble with this company? I know there are already quite a few threads about castle saying its rubbish so i was wondering what she can expect now shes cancelled the direct debit? Thanks

The main problem is my sister has got my mum to put it all in her name and through her bank as she didnt have a bank account of her own, Ive never known anything like it, £1584 a year for karate?? and they are sticking extra belts in, she was a white belt, next colour being red but they have graded her as white/red belt now, Ive never known such a dodgy rubbish company, how can they get away with it??

£132 per month? Who's teaching her, Bruce Lee?

No wonder that place has people handing out flyers if mugs pay that much for self defence training.

Yes but thats the "con" its not only £132 a month they get you to sign a credit agreement for a "loan" to pay for the classes, which is a 36 month term contract which adds up to £4752!! but which time they state the child will be a black belt pmsl! Its absolutely ridiculous and i have no clue why people would fall for it, Plus you have to pay £40 for "grading" and £20 for a belt, Im afraid "con" doesnt cover it!

Is this the place on Abbeydale Road?

My son and his friend went for a trial there. They wouldnt even let us look in the main room just kept them completely separate. They then went into a well rehearsed hard sell routine to which we said we'd let them know.

They rang and hassled us relentlessly for a few weeks after before finally getting the message.

Why don't people have at go at the many 'pay as you train' martial arts classes out there?

There are loads to choose from, various styles and all have excellent instruction, and many charge anything from as little as £3.50 (YES!! - £3.50, which is far too cheap in this day and age) up to around £5.

There is no con taking place here, if you sign the dotted line then that is your fault.

I'm not saying the instruction at this place is poor, but they will only charge whatever people are willing to pay, and if £132 is the going rate and people pay that price - then thats what will be charged

Yes but thats the "con" its not only £132 a month they get you to sign a credit agreement for a "loan" to pay for the classes, which is a 36 month term contract which adds up to £4752!! but which time they state the child will be a black belt pmsl! Its absolutely ridiculous and i have no clue why people would fall for it, Plus you have to pay £40 for "grading" and £20 for a belt, Im afraid "con" doesnt cover it!

Your sister did :hihi:

Archived