Bought an item from ebay and it blew up! Advice please

i bought a mobile phone battery charger off ebay, the seller is based based in manchester and has 1000s of feedback, i recieved the charger, plugged it in with my phone attacted, and seconds later it blew! the bang was so loud my ear started ringing (and still is ringing in that ear) it sparked, it also blew the caseing wide apart! it also blew out all my electrics in my house, the electrition said the charger was faulty and was to blame, my phone wont switch on either and its not a cheap phone!

i contacted the seller and he said he would only refund the price of the charger, nothing else, which he still has not refunded and this happened a couple of days ago.

would i be able to claim for my phone being mending or replaced and if so how to i go about it please.

Can't really give you any advice but if you have bought off Ebay because it was cheap IMO you would have better buying from perhaps Carphone Warehouse and paying the proper price especially if you have an expensive phone. Hope you get it sorted.

just because the item was cheap, surely that doesnt mean i deserve what i got! the seller states the charger was fully eu tested.

the results would have been much more serious if has been stood with the phone in my hand, it could have blown in my face! and no it wasnt my electrics to blame as the electrition said the charger was to blame.

Very sound advice from Denlin.

Regarding the distance selling regulations, there is little problem getting your money refunded. Indeed the easiest way would be to open a case through Paypal or Ebay. They will return your purchase price as well as the postal charge, although you will have to stand the cost of returning the goods to the seller.

If you are looking to claim for consequential damage you need to send the supplier a bill for repairs to your property and will most likely have to take them through the County Court. If you are looking to go this way do not return the charger as it will be necessary to demonstrated that it was not fit for purpose and was the cause of the damage.

i bought one cheap for a tempoary messure while my brother sent my original one back via post, i left it at his home in france while visiting, it was only to be used for a few days, i didnt think it would blow up! now my phone is fried and a lesson well learnt but i do still think that this business shouldnt be allowed to get away with it, especially if he has other dangerous faulty goods on sale, next time it may be alot worse than a fried phone, especially with christmas around the corner.

i bought one cheap for a tempoary messure while my brother sent my original one back via post, i left it at his home in france while visiting, it was only to be used for a few days, i didnt think it would blow up! now my phone is fried and a lesson well learnt but i do still think that this business shouldnt be allowed to get away with it, especially if he has other dangerous faulty goods on sale, next time it may be alot worse than a fried phone, especially with christmas around the corner.

hE HAS PROBABLY BOUGHT A JOB LOT FROM HONG KONG CALL EBAY AND THEY WILL HELP YOU ITS A FREE PHONE NUMBER 0800 358 6551 EBAY HAVE NEW RULES COVERING ELECTRICAL ITEMS NOW

i bought a mobile phone battery charger off ebay, the seller is based based in manchester and has 1000s of feedback, i recieved the charger, plugged it in with my phone attacted, and seconds later it blew! the bang was so loud my ear started ringing (and still is ringing in that ear) it sparked, it also blew the caseing wide apart! it also blew out all my electrics in my house, the electrition said the charger was faulty and was to blame, my phone wont switch on either and its not a cheap phone!

i contacted the seller and he said he would only refund the price of the charger, nothing else, which he still has not refunded and this happened a couple of days ago.

would i be able to claim for my phone being mending or replaced and if so how to i go about it please.

If it's on contract you should have insurance. There are one or two places around castle market and on open market on the moor who sell cheap, reliable chargers and there's also one at meadowhell as you come out of bus/tram stops and walk across bridge it's just before you go into m/hell

Archived