Bought an item from ebay and it blew up! Advice please

This thread is a perfect example of why I hardly visit this site any more. Someone posts asking for advice, only to be offered 'I told you so' comments from a load of idiots with nothing better to do than to try and annoy others.

Brokenwings, I hope you get sorted! Good luck! :-)

I agree, this place is rapidly becoming a waste of space.

Back to the charger, people have been killed with them. Some have cable wired straight through from the mains to the terminals of the actual connector and no internals at all. I always test any stuff from ebay before plugging it in to the device its for, just in case.

If it was a business seller on eBay, due to the distance selling regulations, you can return it for any reason you like (even if you don't like the colour or just change your mind once the item arrives). The seller has to accept a return, and has to refund you your purchase price and postage. Send it back recorded though, as the seller might try to claim you haven't returned it. If its fried your phone though, the refund for a cheap charger won't be of much consolation. Leave them a negative feedback too, for the item being defective x

This thread is a perfect example of why I hardly visit this site any more. Someone posts asking for advice, only to be offered 'I told you so' comments from a load of idiots with nothing better to do than to try and annoy others.

Brokenwings, I hope you get sorted! Good luck! :-)

Hi

Hear, hear, here!!!!!!!

We totally agree with you, fact!!!

There is a time and place for everything, but sadly, some people will be childish, fact!!

We too get fed up with taking our time to post an interesting thread and along come the like of Dennydingling who take it off topic as they are jealous.

:)

keep on topic guy!!

OP, good luck, fact

:)

me and the seller have been emailing each other since the incident, the kind seller, after emailing proof, has agreed to refund the cost of the charger and the postage also he has agreed that he will put the sum of 200 pounds into my paypal account so i can buy a new phone..... isnt that sweet of him.

he has also told me that all the chargers have been took off sale while they investigate as they have had several other complaints over the past 2 weeks about this kind of charger in perticular, tbh if he has had several reports of this charger being faulty its beyond me why he hadnt dont it sooner, but anyway i got the outcome i wanted!

me and the seller have been emailing each other since the incident, the kind seller, after emailing proof, has agreed to refund the cost of the charger and the postage also he has agreed that he will put the sum of 200 pounds into my paypal account so i can buy a new phone..... isnt that sweet of him.

he has also told me that all the chargers have been took off sale while they investigate as they have had several other complaints over the past 2 weeks about this kind of charger in perticular, tbh if he has had several reports of this charger being faulty its beyond me why he hadnt dont it sooner, but anyway i got the outcome i wanted!

He probably did that because Ebay would have suspended his account due to the fact he probably was selling snides from hong kong or china so he had more to lose if they banned him from ebay,but glad you got the outcome you wanted but make sure he pays you if he doesnt then make a full report to Ebay

Archived