Clairvoyants: genuine or conmen/women?

These people gave my mum a real bad time after my dad died she became addicted to the to the point she almost lost her job sitting up at night trying to work out what they had said.

We got her out of it in the end but it was a real sad experience for here and i feel they took advantage of her sorrow to take her money.

i really hate these people.

I see! Many peeps coming to this thread . . . . you are unhappy = Yes? I see. I see! Now hand over the cash you numpties!!

OK! You have given me palm silver.

You will meet a golden lady with big boobies, she will caress you.

You will marry and own a big house, with many high range cars.

And meet Chris Waddle.

Next please . . . . .

"Quiet please, I'm getting something. Yes it's, it's Albert. Passed away some months ago...Has anyone recently lost someone called Albert?"

In the audience, about 165 people put up their hands.

"Well, he tells me he misses you love and hopes you are coping. Does the garden still look as nice as when I did it?"

In the audience, about 165 people burst into tears of joy. The rest clap like maniacs.

Considering that the people who went to Doris Stoke's events were are all at least 80 years old and back when they were teenagers in love, 45% of all blokes were called Albert, she can't really go wrong can she?

In public, a sympathetic older lady who has her fans best interests at heart. In reality a cold hearted, manipulative con artist willing to trick the easily bemused out of their pensions.

There's never been any solid proof, ever.

Personally I can't be convinced by words, especially when you know ho suggestible some people are or naive. Plenty can't give enough information willingly without realising it.

What's more surprising is the amount of courses, groups and classes that "teach" this stuff, along with raiki healing, crystal healing, past life regression, astral projection, etc.

All of which there has never been any proof of success. What's interesting is that when you look into the techniques of the above, many are the same used in psychological therapy and hypnosis.

The vulnerable need, support and professional help. The gullible and stupid really deserve to be taken advantage of. You can't really blame the con men/women for exploiting stupid people to take their cash off them.

I think in some cases, the "Clairvoyants" themselves are also gullible. I have a good friend with a rather mental wife who is ready to believe any new age fad that comes along. She has taken (and paid for) several courses in "psychic development" and is convinced that she is now a beginner psychic.

She practices on her husband, who she has lived with for years and knows everything about. When she practices on others, she gets plenty wrong (which she ignores) but if she guesses that the person owns a blue teeshirt at home, she sees this as proof of her abilities.

Archived