I went to rotherham town with my two girls today

im still pretty shaken up, and i feel angry with myself for not alerting the police at the time, but i honestly panicked. Im not going there ever again on my own with the girls. my family tell me its not safe there, but i didint think much of their words. Now i understand.

It must make it even more difficult for you when you come on here to tell your story and the liberals who do not like the truth simply try to trash what you have said.

its not only rotherham , i have had a similar experience in sheffield city center, in the end i went to the city center ambassadors and that scared the man away. when they see a woman on there own walking along they think its fair game for them. and heaven forbid if you reject anything they say. they take great offence and the look on their faces!!. if you were alone with them i am sure they would attack you.

People don't know how they will react until it happens to them. A student once told me she was on holiday with her boyfriend abroad. When eating out, a man followed her into the toilet and 'touched her up'. She went and sat back down with her boyfriend and said nothing.

Your family tell you it's not safe in Rotherham? What would you do if it happened again?

like i said, im not going there alone with the kids again. Family told me its not safe, due to it happening to someone before a woman was followed to her car and abused verbally, she had a 18 month old baby with her and was helped by a passer by.

ahhh dear so sorry to hear about that.

I actually live near rotherham town centre and i had the misfortune of having to go into town today but believe me when i do go into town its a straight in do my tasks and out.

I wouldn't recommend rotherham as a shopping expierence for anyone at all as i said im from rotherham and so i know IT IS full of RATS, CRIMINALS, DEADBEATS, WASTE OF SPACES, etc the list is endless.

Rotherham lost its peek along long long time ago and its just got worse and worse. My advice to anyone if your unfortunate enough to HAVE to go to rotherham go in a group ie at least 3 do what you need to do and get out.

Please report it to the Police. They have a CCTV room in the main Police Station in Rotherham which may have recorded some of this. The sooner you report it to the better

I am glad you are ok (but shaken) but please report it to reduce risk to other people

I shop in Rotherham a lot - live in S5 so easier to get to Rotherham centre than Sheffield and parking is cheaper. There are some great new shops - especially around Imperial Buildings and a lovely new mini-park near the Parish Church. I've never felt worried in Rotherham at all so please don't let this put you off visiting Rotherham

Archived