I went to rotherham town with my two girls today

Im not saying the OP is making it up or trolling, but it was the 'now i was panicking, as he was following me, he followed me to all the shops i went to' bit that got me. If you were panicking would you carry on shopping??

im not making this up. I only kept going to shops to distract myself, i didn't buy a thing, i was just worried, but didn't want to upset the kids so i kept going into shops, theyre only 4 and 6, and it would have upset them, if i made an issue of it, and to be honest, i doubted myself, thought i was imagining it at first.

That sounds really scarey and I wouldn't have liked that one bit either, so glad that you are going to report it, was it actually Rotherham town centre?

I have to say that I go there a fair bit and always been fine in fact I find it a nice friendly place to be, and never had even the slightest cause for concern...I'm sorry that this happened to you though, he sounds weird :(

I put it to the OP that the stranger was indeed a security guard following the OP under suspicion of shop lifting, therefore the OP refrained from informing the police of the incident. No shame in it, it can happen to anyone.:)

Objection, M'Lud.

ahhh dear so sorry to hear about that.

I actually live near rotherham town centre and i had the misfortune of having to go into town today but believe me when i do go into town its a straight in do my tasks and out.

I wouldn't recommend rotherham as a shopping expierence for anyone at all as i said im from rotherham and so i know IT IS full of RATS, CRIMINALS, DEADBEATS, WASTE OF SPACES, etc the list is endless.

Rotherham lost its peek along long long time ago and its just got worse and worse. My advice to anyone if your unfortunate enough to HAVE to go to rotherham go in a group ie at least 3 do what you need to do and get out.

My bold! You are also describing most of sheffield centre as well, i would rather be in rotherham centre than castle market end or moor end of sheffield!

Please report it to the Police. They have a CCTV room in the main Police Station in Rotherham which may have recorded some of this. The sooner you report it to the better

I am glad you are ok (but shaken) but please report it to reduce risk to other people

I shop in Rotherham a lot - live in S5 so easier to get to Rotherham centre than Sheffield and parking is cheaper. There are some great new shops - especially around Imperial Buildings and a lovely new mini-park near the Parish Church. I've never felt worried in Rotherham at all so please don't let this put you off visiting Rotherham

I have to agree, Rotherham has some decent areas and most of the population are nice, though I admit to having trouble with their broad Yorkshire accents at times. I buy most of my gear from Rotherham and have never had any bother.:)

i dont appreciate these horrible comments form some people. I havent told my hubby, if i do he will go mad at me for going there alone with the young children, as he told me not to. Thats why i needed to get it off my chest and posted it on here, if i phone the police, he will know and i dont need an argument at home. Thats why im going to the station tomorow. And i hope the cctv caught this, as then i will b reassured. Coz to people it would look like he was shopping with me, but the cctv, will establish he was following me and the kids.

also another reason for posting this is to warn others.

i dont appreciate these horrible comments form some people. I havent told my hubby, if i do he will go mad at me for going there alone with the young children, as he told me not to. Thats why i needed to get it off my chest and posted it on here, if i phone the police, he will know and i dont need an argument at home. Thats why im going to the station tomorow. And i hope the cctv caught this, as then i will b reassured. Coz to people it would look like he was shopping with me, but the cctv, will establish he was following me and the kids.

also another reason for posting this is to warn others.

He would go mad with you for going to a town centre with your children ??

Archived