Is it illegal to sell second hand cigs.

I'm sorry to hear about your dad Bikertec :(

To answer the question about why we don't allow cigarettes to be sold on SF, I'm afraid it's a reason that is not related to law. We don't allow a whole load of things in the classifieds that we think aren't suitable for our family friendly ethos, and that includes alcohol, tobacco and all sorts of weaponry, amongst other things.

I don't know if you would need to be licensed to sell cigarettes- sorry.

its illegal to sell ''knock off'' ciggies

no one knows whats in them & probably worse for your health.

Yeah , but they are only Half the shop price , so thats why the trade in "Knock off" cigs and bacca will grow and grow ,due to Govenrments in this country trying to rob smokers blind.

I pay £6.50 for a 50G pack of Bacca , where as the shops sell it for around £13 for a 50G pack ,so its common sense to buy from the Knock off woman.

The Government ,which ever party happens to be in power are solely to blame for the massive ,and growing black market in tobacco.

Am i breaking the law buying knock off tobacco ? ...... Ive no idea ,and personally i dont care ,as i save a fortune each year .

No just trying to make some money towards my dads funeral seeing he didn't have any insurance. BTW the government did that when he died of cancer.:(

Sorry for your loss first and foremost.

As for your dads fags, if he bought them legaly, then I see no reason why you should not be able to sell them on, tax and vat have been paid on them.

If they are from "overseas" and purchased on the black market, then you may be on a sticky wicket trying to flog them. No payment of tax and vat spring to mind to start with.

Kind Regards

Angel.

Archived