Should white families be allowed to adopt black children

Should white families be allowed to adopt black children  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Should white families be allowed to adopt black children

What is different about British black culture and British white culture and should there be a difference?

No difference, if you're born here surely the culture is the same no matter what colour. If the argument is that white parents will be unable to identify with black culture then they're probably right but why would they be expected to. The alternative is to deny the child a home until such time as they are adopted by same colour parents.

Of course they should, I don't personally give a flying fig whether a kid's white, black or an Elephant, if they need my care, and I am in a position to be able to adopt them, I would willingly do so regardless of their creed or colour.

Any white person who wouldn't adopt a child in need just cos they're black is clearly a racist fool IMO! :loopy:

I agree with you Rich, I would be a hypocrite not to.:)

Of course they should, I don't personally give a flying fig whether a kid's white, black or an Elephant, if they need my care, and I am in a position to be able to adopt them, I would willingly do so regardless of their creed or colour.

Any white person who wouldn't adopt a child in need just cos they're black is clearly a racist fool IMO! :loopy:

Would it make any difference if the Elephant had big ears or little ears?

But that's not the issue, here.

The issue seems to be that some Black people don’t think white people should be allowed to adopt black children, form what I can gather there are white families that are ready to adopt, David Cameron wants to change the rules to allow it but some Black people are opposed to it.

I don’t think it’s a racist thing they just say white people can’t give a black child black culture.

Whatever black culture is as opposed to British culture.

I dont think skin colour should matter if a family can give a child a loving caring up bringing then they should be allowed to even if they are white and the child is black/mixed race or any other ethnicity.

I worked in a school and there was a boy of mixed race who was in foster care and on the list for adoption but the services wanted him to goto a mixed race family and not white couple. So this meant he was in foster care for longer than he should have been and was unfair to him.

Maybe colour should not make any difference, but I am certain it could. It may cause the child much angst when at school for instance, kids can be very insensitive we all know that. It's not as black and white as the op's title might suggests.

Regards

Angel.

Archived