Should white families be allowed to adopt black children

Should white families be allowed to adopt black children  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Should white families be allowed to adopt black children

Maybe colour should not make any difference, but I am certain it could. It may cause the child much angst when at school for instance, kids can be very insensitive we all know that. It's not as black and white as the op's title might suggests.

Regards

Angel.

School is very different to when you were a child, the mixing of races is the norm for todays children. It is the elders that have a problem.

School is very different to when you were a child, the mixing of races is the norm for todays children. It is the elders that have a problem.

That is so true. It is adults that have more problems with somethign that is different than children as there are schools in every area generally now that have children of different ethnicity/race/religion etc and they all get along.

Maybe colour should not make any difference, but I am certain it could. It may cause the child much angst when at school for instance, kids can be very insensitive we all know that. It's not as black and white as the op's title might suggests.

Regards

Angel.

Is this why you voted no? The colour of the kids' adoptive parents is very unlikely to cause problems at school. Black kids were allowed to be adopted by white folk in the 70s, it was ridiculous to change the rules in the first place.

The daft thing is, 30 years ago I was very good friends with an Indian girl at Rivelin Juniors, called Hyatt as I recall, in fact everyone said we'd end up together, lol.. Sadly we didn't, and I've never seen her since, wonder if she's on Facebook or Friends Re-united?

The daft thing is, 30 years ago I was very good friends with an Indian girl at Rivelin Juniors, called Hyatt as I recall, in fact everyone said we'd end up together, lol.. Sadly we didn't, and I've never seen her since, wonder if she's on Facebook or Friends Re-united?

Yes, she is on Facebook.:)

My grandson is of a mixed race ethnicity but lives with parents who are both white (his mum and her partner - who isn't the boy's natural father) - so I cannot understand why the "authorities" won't allow white parents to adopt children who are not "white" - it just doesn't make any sense to me. Surely a child is better of with two loving white parents than no parents at all!

Archived