Should white families be allowed to adopt black children

70 members have voted

1. 1. Should white families be allowed to adopt black children

This is something that used to happen all the time, seeing as so few black families want adopted children in their families, for whatever reason... Happens less so now, from what I hear, as more black families will adopt... I had a boyfriend many years ago with a younger brother who was black and adopted... They all used to get a load of racial abuse from white people in the area they lived, as the village they were from just couldn't understand why the parents had this child... Some couldn't grasp that he was adopted, and abused the Mother for sleeping with a black man! It was on the outskirts of Retford though, so Notts villages are known for being racist hotbeds... Bad news for my exes brother though - must have been horrible growing up in all that, but his parents adored him...

White families should be allowed to adopt black children yes, however.

If there is a choice between giving the family a white child and giving the family a black child. The white child should be given priority.

Of course it's not as simple as that and there will be plenty of other factors and variables, but that's the basics and I'm sure you get what I'm saying.

Hi

We see no reason why it should not happen. To have loving parents/adopted ones at that is better than living in a kids home, FACT

So why did you vote no?

Like Lucian I think he forgot to read this above the poll options, "Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected."

:hihi::hihi::hihi:

He went a bit quiet after that rumble

If not, should White be able to actually mix with Black under any circumstance..or Vice versa?

After all the question really does boil down to mixing race/colour...doesn't it?

;) Sierra, you do realise that it's only a film, (based on a novel) don't you? ;)

Well of course I do, PT. :D

Was the child better off with the well to do white family who could give him every material advantage (and of course they loved him) but a part of him would always be missing, his cultural identity, his ethnic heritage. And children being the ungrateful creatures that they are, he might resent his white parents for it. Or, he could go back to his biological mother and know his roots, but then he might resent her because she'd be unable to provide the easier life that money could buy.

I remember a family in my neighborhood when I was growing up. Their older children were grown and they adopted two little mexican boys. Oddly, their problems came from other hispanic children who called them coconuts. Brown on the outside and white on the inside.

I dunno, not all white people have money and not all black people are poor or drug users. I would think if someone could provide a child with a loving, stable home, that would beat the hell out of foster care, or whatever it's called in England.

So many children are in care, and I think loving parents wanting to adopt them should be able to. I can see on one level why a young child of different race to their parents might have quite specific issues relating to that, but it's not reason enough to rule it out altogether.

I would think if someone could provide a child with a loving, stable home, that would beat the hell out of foster care, or whatever it's called in England.

They're called care homes Sierra. If they're lucky they can be fostered out to a family until such time as they may be adopted by either the foster family or another.

Figures reveal that less than 300 were adopted in the year ending Mar 2011 across the UK leaving between 5 and 6 thousand still in care.

Finding another hurdle to delay adoption would seem a tad ludicrous but at least it wont end in them being put to sleep.

If not, should White be able to actually mix with Black under any circumstance..or Vice versa?

After all the question really does boil down to mixing race/colour...doesn't it?

I don’t have a problem with mixed colour families; it’s as normal now as all white or all black, I asked the question because I’m still unaware of this black culture that a white family can’t give to a black child that some black people feel is more important than love and British culture. I was hoping for one of SF black members to explain why black culture is important. I don’t have a problem with mixed colour families; it’s as normal now as all white or all black, I asked the question because I’m still unaware of this black culture that a white family can’t give to a black child that some black people feel is more important than love and British culture. I was hoping for one of SF black members to explain why black culture is important. The man on the TV just gave the impression that a black child in a white family will suffer from an identity crisis and suffer lots of racism.

Archived