Should white families be allowed to adopt black children

Should white families be allowed to adopt black children  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Should white families be allowed to adopt black children

if a black child lived with a white family this would hopefuly bring a stop to racism in future society as people would see that we can live together as one happy united family.

also, years ago, my friend, (white) a single parent of 3 children 1 mixed african, 1 mixed packistani, 1 white, asked what would happen to her kids if she died , social services said they would go to parents of their ethnics, in other words they would be split up!!! WRONG !!!:loopy:

The issue seems to be that some Black people don’t think white people should be allowed to adopt black children, form what I can gather there are white families that are ready to adopt, David Cameron wants to change the rules to allow it but some Black people are opposed to it.

I don’t think it’s a racist thing they just say white people can’t give a black child black culture.

Whatever black culture is as opposed to British culture.

Oooooh dont be fooloed.

Its not onlywhite people who can be racist.

Black people can be that way too.

The man on the TV just gave the impression that a black child in a white family will suffer from an identity crisis and suffer lots of racism.

....that and he was of the opinion that slavery was worth a mention. The guy was Ethiopian and as they were pretty much left alone during this period in Black culture i couldn't understand why he felt it was important and as the slave trade was underway domestically even before Europeans showed up it seems a bit unfair to point fingers.

It's a big topic and I doubt many of us black or white can truly understand enough to teach it without prejudice.

I don’t have a problem with mixed colour families; it’s as normal now as all white or all black, I asked the question because I’m still unaware of this black culture that a white family can’t give to a black child that some black people feel is more important than love and British culture. I was hoping for one of SF black members to explain why black culture is important. I don’t have a problem with mixed colour families; it’s as normal now as all white or all black, I asked the question because I’m still unaware of this black culture that a white family can’t give to a black child that some black people feel is more important than love and British culture. I was hoping for one of SF black members to explain why black culture is important. The man on the TV just gave the impression that a black child in a white family will suffer from an identity crisis and suffer lots of racism.

I am one of those members. =)

I don't think there is such a thing as black culture. All there is, is family heritage, whether that family be black, brown, white, whatever.

White people should of course be able to adopt black children, and vice versa. But white people caring after children of other races should have guidance. There are many, particularly, mixed race teens having an identity crisis as they are raised as white but obviously are of another race, and have no knowledge of heritage and history.

I've also seen many mixed race children with white parents and their hair is in awful condition, it sounds trivial but my nephew has afro hair and it gets really itchy if it's not looked after properly, cut by people who aren't trained in afro hair and should be washed with products designed for afro hair. it's a shame to see! A little bit of guidance and there would be no issues.

White people should of course be able to adopt black children, and vice versa. But white people caring after children of other races should have guidance. There are many, particularly, mixed race teens having an identity crisis as they are raised as white but obviously are of another race, and have no knowledge of heritage and history.

I've also seen many mixed race children with white parents and their hair is in awful condition, it sounds trivial but my nephew has afro hair and it gets really itchy if it's not looked after properly, cut by people who aren't trained in afro hair and should be washed with products designed for afro hair. it's a shame to see! A little bit of guidance and there would be no issues.

that is an easy one to overcome, though. yes Afro hair tends to be drier and more brittle than non-Afro hair. If you go to any west indian or African hairdressing shop (and even sone grocers) you can buy the proper stuff, such as Dax and "Dark and lovely" to moisturise and care for afro hair.

I am one of those members. =)

I don't think there is such a thing as black culture. All there is, is family heritage, whether that family be black, brown, white, whatever.

I'm the white, british father of a mixed race child. Of course I want to do the best I can for her and make sure she gets her fair share of her black culture. However, when I look at the attitudes of my wife's parents (who were originally from Jamaica), and the way in which they brought up my wife and her brothers and sisters, they appear to be more "British" than I do.

My daughter receives influences from all family members, but to be honest, I cannot see much beyond the odd different meal at family gatherings - curry goat, rice & peas, jerk, ackee & saltfish, plantain and dumplings. In fact I probably introduced my wife to more exotic foods than she did to me.

Of course, it could be something much deeper - in which case, when she grows up I'll probably find she takes a liking to drinking stout and playing dominoes.:D:D

Archived