Should white families be allowed to adopt black children

Should white families be allowed to adopt black children  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Should white families be allowed to adopt black children

i actually have a black cousin who was adopted by my aunt and her white family it shouldn't make a difference they will be loved and cared for by their adoptive parents no matter what colour they better that than having them live in care homes or bouncing from one foster home to another im my opinion

Eeehhh? A black child can't be adopted by a white family??? That's crazy. I never knew this. Is this bloody political correctness over kill raising it's ugly, meddling head again?

I really can't see why it matters. Any parents, regardless of colour, who are suitable to give a child a loving home would surely be better no parents. Madness,

What about white women who have black partners? Could they adopt a black child?

There is alot more to be considered than saying yes they should, it's about whether the couples are prepared to put up with some of the bigotry that may come their way,

My eldest son is 7yrs old and is not biologicaly mine and is white but i have raised him as my own from the age of 10mths old. About a month ago in Meadowhall we was at greggs waiting in the line and my son was saying dad i want this one repeatedly and a white man behind us about 2 people said to his wife, "that little boy just called him dad". I never heard this but the mrs did and she says she turned round and gave them a stern look and they just put their heads down. My mrs only told me about 15mins later as she didn't want to cause a scene.

Other kids at school have also said to my son that i can't be his dad as i'm a pakistani and he is white, this upset my son as he knows no different due to his autism and me and the mrs never bringing up the subject with him.

It's alright saying yes they should be but i bet there are white couples who would do but are scared of the bigotry that may come their way.

I believe each case should be judged on its own merits.

Archived