Wedding reception at Whirlow Hall Farm..where to get married?

Hi,

Seems like we keep changing our mind about what to do for our wedding...The latest idea is using Whirlow Hall Farm for the reception, unfortunately you can't get married here. Can anyone recommend anywhere to get married? We've thought about the Botanical Gardens but are a bit put off as there could still be lots of the general public walking around.

Any help appreciated!!

Claire

I had my reception at the Rutland hotel, im sure they asked if we wanted to get married there, but that was 4 years ago.

I actually quite like the town hall, having covered a few weddings there it lends itself to some nice images. The room itself is nice and big with a few other rooms for some nice photo ops. Its just a matter of timing as they can be quite busy.

what type of venue are looking for? open space, stately, intimate?

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. We're looking for somewhere for about 65 guests, not to posh but that looks good for pictures etc. The thing about some statley places is that I'm not sure how it would work just having the ceremony there. We're quite informal and want a relaxed affair!

Claire

I got married at St Johns church, Ranmoor then had our reception at Whirlowbrook Hall - they are pretty close (15 mins drive at most)

Whirlow Hall farm is on the way to Whirlowbrook Hall (if you're driving out of Sheffield) so these might be options for you?

The church and hall are amazing and perfect for photos!!

I got married at St Johns church, Ranmoor then had our reception at Whirlowbrook Hall - they are pretty close (15 mins drive at most)

Whirlow Hall farm is on the way to Whirlowbrook Hall (if you're driving out of Sheffield) so these might be options for you?

The church and hall are amazing and perfect for photos!!

St Johns is a stunning church. It is great for filming and photographs inside as it is so bright that no artificial lighting at all is needed (even if they would let you have any which they don't!!).

Hi,

Thanks for the help. Have kind of ruled out Whirlowbrook Hall as the ceremony only is limited to "off peak" i.e Sundays/mid week or winter. As we're looking for school holidays I don't think that would suit! We're going to look at Rutland Hotel and hopefully the Norfolk Arms. I'm tempted by Christians Restaurant (Beauchief), but I can't seem to find many pictures.

Although Town Hall looks nice, I agree with richarda, I'd prefer it to be a bit more private as we're both quite shy! Even though Rutland Hotel is on a mainish road, it seems quite set back when you're actually in the gardens. From the pictures anyway!!

Anymore suggestions, keep them coming :-)

Archived