Falklands veterans on SF?

I'm not sure how you get 1.5 million though.

258 losses in the Falklands conflict on the British side

From 1982 to now, thats 29 years, so that's 8.8 a year

At a suicide rate of 17.7 per 100,000 that would be a pool of 50,000 needed, not 1.5 million.

As less than 50,000 people faced combat in the Falklands campaign, doesn't that show that those people are less susceptible to suicide than the average Joe?

You don't believe that people with extreme views sometimes -

''pen irrelevant replies to posts, which show little or no comprehension what was said, but instead appear to be in response to the imagined thoughts and opinions of rigid stereotypes they have dreamed up, seemingly confusing them with real people in the real world''?

How strange. There are examples of precisely the sort of behaviour that Donkey describes all over the internet, and SF in particular?

That is exactly what both sets of extremists do - the righties and the lefties. Neither group is inncoent, though those of the left persuasion seem - for some reason - to think they can throw stones from within their greenhouse.

I bet the proportion of attempted suicides i.e. tried, but failed suicide attempts among ex-servicemen is rather low compared to the norm.

given the kind of training they've at one time received it would be reasonable to suppose that once they've decided to go through with suicide, their success rate will be somewhat higher than normal.

Big mistake on a debate forum, giving out personal information. As when you win a debate it's an instant fallback.

It's only a mistake if you're walting. If actually you were with D Coy 2 Para on that hill then I can't see how if you win a debate anyone can use honourable service in a damn tough battle against you?

It's only a mistake if you're walting. If actually you were with D Coy 2 Para on that hill then I can't see how if you win a debate anyone can use honourable service in a damn tough battle against you?

He has never actually confirmed that he was with that particular company, so I'm a tad suspicious. Can Mr DogOfWar confirm this please?

There have been a couple of other posters on SF in the last few months who claimed to have served in the Falklands. Neither of them have posted on this thread. I don't remember their names.

Original poster asked if there were any Falklands Vets on here, you lot, led by the half wit 'Halibut' degenerate it in to something else again!! Absolutley pathetic, what an embarassment of a forum. Yes, i could leave, but i wont because i want to keep showing you lot for what you are, cretins.

Archived