Falklands veterans on SF?

He has never actually confirmed that he was with that particular company, so I'm a tad suspicious. Can Mr DogOfWar confirm this please?

There have been a couple of other posters on SF in the last few months who claimed to have served in the Falklands. Neither of them have posted on this thread. I don't remember their names.

It doesn’t surprise me that they wouldn’t want to post on this thread; I will just remember the lads that died on HMS Sheffield and all the other casualties.

I'm a bit ignorant on the Falklands war but from what I think I remember it didn't last that long. The Argy army was soon kicked out.

at least during the Falklands all of those British killed that didn't perish in accidents were killed by the enemy as opposed to their allies. In Gulf War I, more British servicemen were killed by the Americans in friendly fire than by Iraqis.

He has never actually confirmed that he was with that particular company, so I'm a tad suspicious. Can Mr DogOfWar confirm this please?

There have been a couple of other posters on SF in the last few months who claimed to have served in the Falklands. Neither of them have posted on this thread. I don't remember their names.

Probably because it seems that whenever anybody relates an experience more interesting/adventuorus than signing on or manning a till at Netto, the bloodthirsty pack on this forum waste no time in calling them liars.

You can hardly blame them for keeping quiet.

It doesn’t surprise me that they wouldn’t want to post on this thread; I will just remember the lads that died on HMS Sheffield and all the other casualties.

Why wouldn't they want to post on this thread? They were the ones that told us on other threads (not actually related to the Falklands) that they were there. It just seems a little strange that they don't post on a thread that is specifically about the Falklands war. Dog of War told us about the time he killed an Argentinian soldier on a tongue-in-cheek thread about killing big things, and yet he won't confirm that he was here on this thread. Strange. Does anyone agree?

Why wouldn't they want to post on this thread? They were the ones that told us on other threads (not actually related to the Falklands) that they were there. It just seems a little strange that they don't post on a thread that is specifically about the Falklands war. Dog of War told us about the time he killed an Argentinian soldier on a tongue-in-cheek thread about killing big things, and yet he won't confirm that he was here on this thread. Strange. Does anyone agree?

This is a good explanation.

Probably because it seems that whenever anybody relates an experience more interesting/adventuorus than signing on or manning a till at Netto, the bloodthirsty pack on this forum waste no time in calling them liars.

You can hardly blame them for keeping quiet.

No it isn't. DogofWar tells us he was in the Falklands, someone says 'you must have been in D Coy 2 Para then?'. He doesn't reply. A simple 'yes' would have sufficed. My guess is that he didn't reply because he didn't know if D Coy 2 Para were there. He thought it was a trick question. If he was on Wireless Ridge he would have obviously known either way.

at least during the Falklands all of those British killed that didn't perish in accidents were killed by the enemy as opposed to their allies. In Gulf War I, more British servicemen were killed by the Americans in friendly fire than by Iraqis.

Killed by friendly fire is a fact in any war unfortunately

That is exactly what both sets of extremists do - the righties and the lefties. Neither group is inncoent, though those of the left persuasion seem - for some reason - to think they can throw stones from within their greenhouse.

You have just done it!

My text read 'extreme or fanatical views.' As those I am refering to include left wing conspiracy theorists, religious fundamentalists and members of the far right, I made a point of being non specific. Halibut also refered to 'people with extreme views.' He added nothing to indicate he was refering specifically to any particular type of fanatic.

You have drawn the inference that we are 'lefties' and therefore must be talking about right wing extremists. But neither of us said that, insinuated it, nor hinted at it.

It's not though is it? If you claim service, then be prepared to back it up. My uncle was not a million miles away from where dogofwar claimed to have failed to kill an argentinian at point blank with his rifle then finish him off with a bayonett. He was Welsh guards and the other side of the hills to the south and never got up close and personal, indeed only d coy of 2 para did get to bayonet range so dogofwar is saying by his post he was part of that company and indeed to anyone in 2 para identifying himself pretty accurately if such a thing took place.

Bit of backup is all that is asked, as of yet he's failed to confirm even regiment.

The waltenkommando have been informed.

Archived