Weatherspoons opening until 1am at wknd

Johnh

Reading the Mail yesterday, Weatherspoons in Nottingham are opening 12 midnight Sunday to Thursday and till 1am Friday, Saturday.

Bearing in mind their national aggressive door policy about drinking up, I bet it will be interesting as there is no longer any 'drinking up time' from today. I can see that the minute the bar closes they'll be asking you to make your way out into the street. I believe its because the bar staff only get paid until closing time at the bar and the monkeys on the door enforce this. Do the Sheffield Weatherspoons intend on opening similar hours to Nottingham?

The Benjaman Huntsman on Cambridge Street is opening until midnight Sunday to Wednesday and 2am Thursday to Saturday.

Lloyds No1 on Division Street is opening until midnight 7 days a week.

Both the above I think are opening at 9am to serve breakfasts.

Not sure about the Bankers Draft or the Swim Inn.

Originally posted by Andy C

The Benjaman Huntsman on Cambridge Street is opening until midnight Sunday to Wednesday and 2am Thursday to Saturday.

Lloyds No1 on Division Street is opening until midnight 7 days a week.

Both the above I think are opening at 9am to serve breakfasts.

Not sure about the Bankers Draft or the Swim Inn.

Bet that will be interesting in the Bankers Draft at 2am. They're p*ssed in their by 8pm.

Originally posted by Johnh

Bet that will be interesting in the Bankers Draft at 2am. They're p*ssed in their by 8pm.

More like 12noon. Used to work for spoons. Am glad to say never at the bankers however. Although the bankers did have a reputation around wetherworld as a dump.....

I wonder why?????:confused: :confused:

Originally posted by starmag

who would want to stay in a bar that doesnt play music and you cant smoke in till 2am? doesnt anyone else feel the need to do the hot shoe shuffle after drinking a skinful?

The Bankers is now a lloyds hybrid, i.e. a wetherspoons by day with no music and a lloyds by night with music. As for the smoking, I quit 2 years ago so that doesn't bother me anymore but I see your point.

Originally posted by salsa_delux

Good lord i hate wetherspoons every1 seems 2 be a bit 'past there sell buy date' in there, well at least in swimm inn and the 1 nr kingdom. Why dont they open something better than that later. jeez

xxx

Sounds like we have a binge drinker in our midst!

Archived