The Tories really are the party of low tax.

Nobody is forcing anyone. I asked why should they be able to.

I'm especially interested in why they should be able to at somebody else's expense.

Do you understand what priorities are?

People are forced to spend more money on beer (DUTY, VAT, premises license etc.)

People are forced to spend more money on cigarettes - DUTY VAT etc.

People are forced to spend more on basic housing - Monopoly of land, minimum rents, etc.

I do understand what priorities are.

I said our problems were down to a government spending too much and having to tax people to pay for it. Companies and individuals by and large go into business to make money, not to fund the lifestyles of others. You cannot expect anyone to risk their capital if their expectation is that the government will dig too deeply into the rewards. But I see that you have already lost the argument and are resorting to insults. It seems common with people of your political persuasion.

"clearly increasing taxes on the wealthy job creators is what got us into this mess in the first place"

Your words not mine. If you are going to post stuff that is completely incorrect then don't get too precious when challenged about it.

That said if you are offended I offer my apologies. I was attacking your post not you. No offence intended.

Perhaps not, but if their pay is low it's because they're doing something that just about anybody can do.

If they were pioneering or truly driven, they'd achieve more.

Depends what you mean by achieve. Nurses don't get paid very much but I would say they achieve quite a lot.

In your sad world though a persons worth is judged only by how much cash they have in their pocket.

Because it's unfair to force people to pay more than they should for something they require to live.

Land as the most obvious example.

Look at it differently. As long as they are paid enough to afford the things they need, there is no reason for them to be able to buy things they don't need.

So, if they have enough for basic accommodation, cheap food, cheap clothes and a bit of heating, their needs are satisfied - the rest is luxury. Anybody can satisfy those needs on basic minimum wage. They want more and complain because they want luxuries. If you want luxuries in life, you need to earn them for yourself not expect the taxpayer to provide them.

Look at it differently. As long as they are paid enough to afford the things they need, there is no reason for them to be able to buy things they don't need.

I do not view my fellow men as slaves to be exploited.

Technological advance is something that should be used to increase living standards, not inequality.

"clearly increasing taxes on the wealthy job creators is what got us into this mess in the first place"

Your words not mine. If you are going to post stuff that is completely incorrect then don't get too precious when challenged about it.

That said if you are offended I offer my apologies. I was attacking your post not you. No offence intended.

It is interesting that in the 1980s Japanese companies were queuing up to bring jobs to the UK. That all changed when the UK became a less attractive place for business as the tax burden increased. So over the last 15 years businesses have been moving out of the UK and relocating abroad. The Japanese car and electronics businesses are not relocating here any more and the existing businesses in these fields are moving out. If you can't see that you are wearing a blindfold.

I'm only here to pick up an education. Once I have my qualifications I'll be long gone as I see little prospect for such a debt burdened country.

Archived