Xmas rammed in your face once again

So once again the time has come,Christmas rammed down our throats from the end of September:(.

I am sick of it already,it should be banned from the TV and advertising boards until at least the end of November,only this morning on a breakfast TV channel they had kids making a giant xmas card,works do's have been advertised since early September and there is a sudden influx of adverts for toys on the TV,shops are stocked with tacky decorations for sale and some have even started with the over the top decorations already.

If you've not realised it yet ,we actually spend a quarter of our year either celebrating or planning Xmas and watching the latest creepy mega store ads on TV .

I dont mind Xmas from mid December,but detest having to see all these tacky ads as soon as I get back off my hols.:loopy:

It does seem to get earlier every year , a total waste of time if you ask me.

does anyone know if there are any petitions or likewise which want to ban Christmas until Christmas time???

Superb post and i agree 100%

its called economic growth, Christmas is about making MONEY and nothing else.

Do you really believe there was a father Christmas lol

its ppl who have that thought that has made christmas die out.

if the shops are stocking christmas stuff it just goes to show that ppl are actually buying and its the growing minority that are against it.

you may see christmas as a money maker but too most of us its about coming together as a family and as a society, about enjoying the little time we have to relax together , and more imprortantly about giving kids something to look forward to, to help keep there imagination strong and there belief alive.

its ppl who have that thought that has made christmas die out.

if the shops are stocking christmas stuff it just goes to show that ppl are actually buying and its the growing minority that are against it.

you may see christmas as a money maker but too most of us its about coming together as a family and as a society, about enjoying the little time we have to relax together , and more imprortantly about giving kids something to look forward to, to help keep there imagination strong and there belief alive.

I sort of agree with you but i believe the emphasis would appear to be about promoting a false Christmas. Like most aspects of living now its too accessible for their to be any mystique or magic about it so it becomes increasingly harder to inject that element in for children for as long as it used to be possible.

I don't hold with shops reacting to what people want however not with Christmas. I think that people look for the first signs and begin if for nothing else than to forget the previous 10 months.

Archived