Xmas rammed in your face once again

So once again the time has come,Christmas rammed down our throats from the end of September:(.

I am sick of it already,it should be banned from the TV and advertising boards until at least the end of November,only this morning on a breakfast TV channel they had kids making a giant xmas card,works do's have been advertised since early September and there is a sudden influx of adverts for toys on the TV,shops are stocked with tacky decorations for sale and some have even started with the over the top decorations already.

If you've not realised it yet ,we actually spend a quarter of our year either celebrating or planning Xmas and watching the latest creepy mega store ads on TV .

I dont mind Xmas from mid December,but detest having to see all these tacky ads as soon as I get back off my hols.:loopy:

It does seem to get earlier every year , a total waste of time if you ask me.

does anyone know if there are any petitions or likewise which want to ban Christmas until Christmas time???

I agree this is what I think of Christmass

Campaign to stop Christmas:D

Misery guts! I love Christmas and everything it comes with.

I've started my Christmas shopping already,but only because I can't afford to buy everyone's presents with one paycheque, and its better to spread the cost out a bit.

I have planned my Christmas eve/day/boxing day plans and know where I will be going and what I will be doing.

Will have to wait until December 18th for the tree though, its my brothers birthday so we don't actually begin to "celebrate" Christmas until after that.

Great post I agree 100%.... people can make their Bah Humbug comments but the point being made is not that we don't like Christmas, its that Christmas is starting too early!!

I saw Christmas cards/wrapping paper on sale mid August and remember being shocked as its still summer. Seeing Christmas things now just makes it all go on too long and by the time its here I am starting to get fed up a bit.

We havent had Halloween or Bonfire night yet, personally I think Christmas related items should be on the shelves after that! Toys are obviously available all year so people can start buying early if they really want to but specific Christmas items (cards/paper/decorations etc) should be left till mid November.

What does it matter to you that Christmas items are on the shelves early?

You don't have to buy them do you? Other people like to buy things early and do.

People just like to have a good old moan about things which don't affect them in the slightest.

Archived