Dada Pub (Old Trippetts)

Wigtwizzle

That mural was done last Friday by local artist Nick Deakin as part of the absolutely fantastic Pub Scrawl.

It was a really brilliant event, marrying independent pubs with independent artists and brought out a brilliant crowd, I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned by any of you avid forum-ers yet, because it was totally fantastic, and in my opinion showed Sheffield at it's best.

Info here:

http://www.sheffieldtelegraph.co.uk/lifestyle/thirst_for_art_and_ale_is_just_the_tonic_for_pubs_1_4183118

Pub Scrawl

I hope they do another one next year!!

is that so? well what an infantile drawing and something i am sure most 10 year olds have drawn!!! shown sheffield at its best ha ha dont make me laugh, pub scrawl?? pub yawn....whats next interior design:loopy::loopy:, thats sure to impress the lunchtime business trade around there:gag:

• 2 weeks later...
what did he apologise for exactly?

SHE apologised for it being ruined as a pub.

I wouldn't take much notice of Meaks. He's got a habit of running down Sheffield pubs.

Old thread I know, but WTF are you talking about?

Doesn't sound like any of the staff I've met in there. I'm sure anyone with that attitude wont have lasted long as everyone I've spoken to behind the bar has been very professional.

I went for the first time the other week and the guy behind the bar was very friendly. He was telling us how the barrel of Halcyon at the Hallamshire House shouldn't have been delivered there as it was intended to go to a beer festival......Whoops!!!

As for the beer......The Raven was on excellent form although a bit pricey at £3.90/pint.

The place itself didn't inspire, when you're spending that much on beer you'd like to think they could afford something more upmarket than school chairs.

Regards

Doom

• 2 weeks later...

I really like this place, but the last time I was in there were some aggressive guys making a nuisance of themselves, trying to get a rise out of the other drinkers. Anyone else had any aggro? It's probably just a one-off, but the guys in question seemed to have a particular gripe about what the place used to look like before and what Thornbridge have done to it now.

I don't mind the look of the place, and I do like the art they have in there (perhaps not the massive juvenile scrawl, however, just saying...). It makes you wonder though - if you don't like the look of the place or how it's been renovated, don't take it out on the rest of the bar; better yet, leave!

I really like this place, but the last time I was in there were some aggressive guys making a nuisance of themselves, trying to get a rise out of the other drinkers. Anyone else had any aggro? It's probably just a one-off, but the guys in question seemed to have a particular gripe about what the place used to look like before and what Thornbridge have done to it now.

I don't mind the look of the place, and I do like the art they have in there (perhaps not the massive juvenile scrawl, however, just saying...). It makes you wonder though - if you don't like the look of the place or how it's been renovated, don't take it out on the rest of the bar; better yet, leave!

this sounds like a one off to me. I've been in there 10 or so times since it changed, its been quite, and very friendly.

Archived