Dada Pub (Old Trippetts)

Wigtwizzle

I went in it when it was Trippets Public House, but I didn't drink Real Ale, because I was on Antibiotics at the time. Have Thornbridge ruined it?

If they only sell their own ale on tap and have removed a load of character from the place I imagine they will have done, yes (see The Hallamshire/Greystones).

If they only sell their own ale on tap and have removed a load of character from the place I imagine they will have done, yes (see The Hallamshire/Greystones).

presumably you'd have rather seen these pubs go to rack and ruin? The landlord of the Hallamshire was retiring, thornbridge bought the pub and restored it to a very good standard. they even kept the full size snooker table (which they certainly didn't have to)

People vote with their feet and judging by both of these pubs (which I have visited recently and fully enjoyed), people like what they see.

The Greystones was a dump with hardly any patrons for about 15 years prior to Thornbridge taking it on and turning it into a thriving local.

The dirty rotters!! Lets run them out of town!!!

it was pretty horrible

presumably you'd have rather seen these pubs go to rack and ruin? The landlord of the Hallamshire was retiring, thornbridge bought the pub and restored it to a very good standard. they even kept the full size snooker table (which they certainly didn't have to)

No, but I'd much rather people such as those who own the Sheaf View/Blake do it, at least they are willing to have a variety of different beers by different brewers present.

As for the Hallamshire's "restoration", a lot of the original character has gone and it is now echoey and soulless.

No, but I'd much rather people such as those who own the Sheaf View/Blake do it, at least they are willing to have a variety of different beers by different brewers present.

As for the Hallamshire's "restoration", a lot of the original character has gone and it is now echoey and soulless.

its your opinion, I personally think they've done a great job expanding it and creating an outdoor (but covered) smoking/beer garden area downstairs. A lot of people mistake soulless with new. Its the people that make a place, not the paint job.

There is a picture of the interior of Dada on the Thornbridge Facebook page. Looks...interesting. Nothing like the Greystones or Hallamshire, anyway! Not really my thing but I will have to pop in at some stage just to look round.

Archived