Dada Pub (Old Trippetts)

Wigtwizzle

I went in last night. Its OK. I'm a fan of Thornbridge but at £3.70 a pint we only stopped for one. The interior was OK i cant say i was excited by it though. And the crowd is def not riff raff i was amongst the youngest and certainly scruffiest by some distance.

I went in last night. Its OK. I'm a fan of Thornbridge but at £3.70 a pint we only stopped for one. The interior was OK i cant say i was excited by it though. And the crowd is def not riff raff i was amongst the youngest and certainly scruffiest by some distance.

Ouch 3.70 for a pint of their own stuff? Clearly priced to keep the riff raff and anyone else who doesnt want to feel shafted out!

Ouch 3.70 for a pint of their own stuff? Clearly priced to keep the riff raff and anyone else who doesnt want to feel shafted out!

Surely that's a good thing? They get the people they want in and the retards continue to go to places like Bedroom and Players.

Surely that's a good thing? They get the people they want in and the retards continue to go to places like Bedroom and Players.

Suppose, but a fair few real ale lovers will go to other nice places where they can get a similar product at substantially less- irrespective of how wealthy they are. Nobody likes to feel ripped off, and £3.70 for a pint of bitter in Sheffield is a rip off

Went in last night. A little bit quirky but once it beds in should be a great bar with bags of atmosphere. There are two sides to it, the front bit is light and airy with art on the wall, the back bit is dark and moodier.

On the real ale front there were two Thornbridge beers - Brother Rabbit and Lord Marples plus two guest ales from Buxton brewery. The Thornbridge casks were reasonably priced for a city centre bar (£2.60 a pint) but the guests were expensive.

Also on handpump were two traditional ciders.

On the keg beer side they were all quite expensive, there was a variety of Thornbridge keg beers including a lager and a wheat beer and some guests including beer from Flying Dog Brewery in the USA. There was also a reasonable selection of foreign beers by the bottle although I didn't check the prices.

Possibly trying too hard with the theme and character at the moment but should be a decent place to drink if you are looking for a different city centre bar rather than a normal pub.

Archived