Dada Pub (Old Trippetts)

Wigtwizzle

you're right though - you do have a choice - and besides, the whole key-keg argument is off topic to dada itself

It's certainly true that cask v key-keg is a subject worthy of a thread in it's own right. And what's more I would dare to suggest that people on this forum will talk a lot more sense on the subject then your average beer blogger!

I guess one issue for me is people trying a key-keg beer, baulking at the price and blaming the pub selling it, when in fact they are just passing on the high costs from the brewers who make key-keg beer.

As others have mentioned, if you have the choice of cheaper beer.........

Had my first trip to Dada tonight and have mixed feelings about the place, after previously being a big fan of Trippets. The place seems a bit pretentious with little atmosphere and I was disappointed to find out from the barstaff that they didnt intend to have bands on for at least the first year or so. The cask beer was, in fairness, exceptional although with only a few pumps the range was disappointing as compared to the pointless amount of key keg beers offered which do nothing for me (and I have yet to find a keg keg fan). I hope Dada does well but In all honesty I cant really see what is so special about the place.

Had my first trip to Dada tonight and have mixed feelings about the place, after previously being a big fan of Trippets. The place seems a bit pretentious with little atmosphere and I was disappointed to find out from the barstaff that they didnt intend to have bands on for at least the first year or so. The cask beer was, in fairness, exceptional although with only a few pumps the range was disappointing as compared to the pointless amount of key keg beers offered which do nothing for me (and I have yet to find a keg keg fan). I hope Dada does well but In all honesty I cant really see what is so special about the place.

I also paid DaDa a visit last night. It's got good and bad points.

The manager used to be at the Coach & Horses in Dronfield and to me at least, it seemed a bit like the C&H but with terrible decor. The beer range is actually pretty good and the bottled beers are well worth checking out. The staff were very friendly and there is some potential for a good atmosphere in future, even if it's not there yet.

But the decor of the place is dreadful. It's too dark for my liking and the "industrial" theme just results in furniture that's ugly and looks downright uncomfortable. It was a bit of an awkward moment when the manager asked me what I think of the decor as it seemed to me that somebody had got carried away with the "theme" nonsense.

I think possibly I was being a little unfair about the beer range, you are of course correct in that they do have a lot of beers on, just not so many cask which is my preference. Should have made that clearer. I dont tend to drink bottles in pubs as you can generally get decent ones at the Archer Road shop and Dram shop, I prefer to have a pint when I have the opportunity. So yes, the beer range is good as you say but for my preferences its not so good. I must give credit though to them for the good pricing, as others have said £2.60 is excellent for a city centre bar.

Archived