Dada Pub (Old Trippetts)

Wigtwizzle

"......dada was also anti-bourgeois and anarchist in nature.."

I do hope it goes bust. Corporate attempts to fake culture are the lowest.

Can people not have their own ideas?

You do realise that this pub is owned by a small independent local brewery? Nice sentiment, wishing ill on a local business...

yes, it's Thornbridge. I don't see the difference in being fleeced by a local business or a multi-national corporation. being ripped off by some pretentious nonsense, flouting itself as an ideal it clearly knows nothing of, is ludicrous.

its abject cynicism on their behalf.

I can't find anything that puts me off going in again, but the problem is I can't think of anything that would make me want to make the trip down there either.

I think they needs to start looking at other things besides exotic beer that are going to bring the punters in. Acoustic nights, poetry recitals, DJ sets etc. And given the arty theme maybe taking a leaf out of the Gardener's Rest's book as when it comes to art the Gardeners Rest does art very well.

It was an interesting bar, very dark, even at the front.

I think you must have been in a different pub. The front room is way too bright if anything. You need to wear sunglasses in there. They have some fancy painted table top featuring Thornbridge beers. The floodlights will probably blister the paint on them.

It is quite handy as a post show venue for the Memorial Hall or City Hall. Or should I say it would be if it didn't close at 11.00.

It is quite handy as a post show venue for the Memorial Hall or City Hall. Or should I say it would be if it didn't close at 11.00.

We left at 12.30 on Friday night and there was still people in there with staff not pushing people out, despite last call being at 12am.

Interesting place, amazing beer / ale selection and the wine choices is fairly good and very reasonably priced. I don't understand the moaning about prices earlier on this thread, it is definitely not expensive, especially for a bar in a city centre.

I think it is a highly original bar and a welcome addition to the Sheffield scene.

I agree with uptown girl that the front room is too bright - like a working men's club or something in there. Dreadful. But the back room is very atmospheric with it's rugged use of industrial materials and arty feel to it. I'm a fan of Thornbridge beers but my favourite brewery is Buxton - so was delighted to see one of their beers on pump as well.

The only moan is the wine wasn't chilled. Even though it is in the fridge it is barely below room temperature. Hopefully they'll get that fixed soon. And it wasn't a case of 1 bottle being warm by the way - the barman tested several and none of them were cold. Turn the temperature dial a bit maybe? or get a new fridge?

Archived