Dada Pub (Old Trippetts)

Wigtwizzle

It was an interesting bar, very dark, even at the front. There was too much moisture in the air, making the place very damp, it definitely needs a dehumidifier.

I appreciated that it is very different to anything in Sheffield, which is needed. Trippets had become very down at heel, so something had to happen. I like what Thornbridge are doing to some of these run-down pubs and the new industrial dimension here, referencing some very important local Sheffield bands is very worthy.

The wine lists were interesting and affordable.

If they can beat the damp, it will be a lot better.

agree with that - but did you try any wine? The white wine was warm, not chilled, even though it had been in the fridge! This happened on the previous occasion as well, so I don't think it's a one-off. Hope they can fix that because warm white wine isn't so good.

agree with that - but did you try any wine? The white wine was warm, not chilled, even though it had been in the fridge! This happened on the previous occasion as well, so I don't think it's a one-off. Hope they can fix that because warm white wine isn't so good.

i dont know about the wine but just been past stuck in traffic glanced over to see through the window a mural of .....wait for it ..a "huge great d**K on the wall....er seems a bit strange for a pub never mind the warm wine whats that all about??

i dont know about the wine but just been past stuck in traffic glanced over to see through the window a mural of .....wait for it ..a "huge great d**K on the wall....er seems a bit strange for a pub never mind the warm wine whats that all about??

It's a wine-warmer.

That mural was done last Friday by local artist Nick Deakin as part of the absolutely fantastic Pub Scrawl.

It was a really brilliant event, marrying independent pubs with independent artists and brought out a brilliant crowd, I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned by any of you avid forum-ers yet, because it was totally fantastic, and in my opinion showed Sheffield at it's best.

Info here:

http://www.sheffieldtelegraph.co.uk/lifestyle/thirst_for_art_and_ale_is_just_the_tonic_for_pubs_1_4183118

Pub Scrawl

I hope they do another one next year!!

Does DADA still do live entertainment? Might they be interested in a Comedy Night or Poetry/Writers' Night, (as I'm planning one)?

What a brilliant idea Tyranna. I have been in that pub and it does look a bit the artsy type of place. Let me know and I will most definitely go !

Archived